Title: Senior User Researcher
Reports to: Head of Research
ChaiOne is a tight-knit bunch of creative, curious, and passionate people. Here are a few reasons that we think you'd love it here:
- You’ll work with some of the world’s largest energy & industrial companies.
- You'll solve challenging, meaningful problems worth solving.
- You’ll explore cutting edge technology, and harness its power to transform the way businesses operate.
The Senior User Researcher is responsible for working closely with designers, other researchers, project managers, digital strategists and engineers to create client solutions that meld business objectives, design principles, and continuous user research into a compelling user experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute various research strategies outlined in project SOWs as a project lead; drive projects through the entire UCD lifecycle, from user needs identification to deployment
- Produce comprehensive research documentation (Discovery reports, usability reports, Digital Visioning workshop materials etc.) to ChaiOne standards, with guidance that has been documented, communicated, and trained.
- Reports contain data from:
- Usability testing
- Work within highly effective Research & Design teams to deliver Discovery and usability reports:
- On time
- Within project parameters
- Up to ChaiOne standards
- To internal and external stakeholders’ satisfaction
- Lead one to two projects at a time through the UCD lifecycle, from user needs identification to deployment
- Work with highly effective Engineering, Project Management and Digital Strategy teams to support software development processes with guidance that has been documented, communicated, and trained:
- Convert requirements into user stories with acceptance criteria
- Groom requirements backlog
- Assist with roll-out activities such as training, communications
- Create and maintain rapport with internal and external project teams, including stakeholders, as well as research participants; effectively communicate with all parties
- Demonstrate Subject Matter Expertise & effectively communicate research findings on all project data in all communication to internal and external project stakeholders
- Advocate UX and Design Thinking to internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in research practice area growth (e.g., conduct candidate interviews, host meetups)
- Must be willing and available to work on local client sites as required.
- Must be willing and available to travel nationally and internationally for client projects as required, up to 25% annually
- At least a MA/MS in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or related field
- At least 2-3 years related work experience in projects that involve collaboration with design and engineering teams. Experience working within agile delivery framework
- Demonstrate successful use of:
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis methods
- Combining mixed methods to answer research questions
- Demonstrate successful use of:
- Task flows
- Experience maps
- Baselines and benchmarks
- Usability metrics
- Affinity diagrams
- Demonstrate successful experience with usability testing and heuristic evaluations
- Experience advocating for and educating stakeholders about the value of design thinking, user-centered design, agile development and similar topics
- Competence in Excel:
- Tables & managing data
- Linking worksheets
- Pivot tables
- Absolute & relative references
- Written Research Reports
- Presentation skills
- Strong communication and consulting skills including but not limited to:
- Active and effective listening
- Anticipating others’ needs
- Reading and adjusting to the audience
- Navigating conflict situations
- Providing effective feedback
- Ability to recognize sales opportunities during client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.