Title: UI/UX Designer - Consultant
Reports to: Head of Design
ChaiOne is a tight-knit bunch of creative, curious, and passionate people. We work with some of the world’s largest energy & industrial companies to solve challenging, meaningful problems worth solving. We strive to transform the way businesses and industry operate through cutting edge technology, smart solutions, and bringing a modern experience to the enterprise.
We’re looking for an interaction designer who is excited to join us on our mission to make complex industrial and enterprise problems simple. As a designer on our UX team, you’ll be collaborating with UX researchers, engineers, designers, and end-users to drive well-crafted web and mobile applications that bring value to our clients and delight their workforce.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with UX researchers, engineers, designers, client stakeholders, and end-users to improve workflows and achieve business goals
- Drive simplifying key user flows through elegant design solutions
- Collaborate with engineering throughout the development process
- Bring user-centered design (UCD) process methods to digital solutions from concept to launch by creating workflows, site maps, wireframes, visual design, prototypes, and key UX documentation.
- Consolidate and translate research findings, team input, client needs/strategy and brand characteristics into authentic and usable interface solutions.
- Deliver a project within estimations (on time/within budget)
- Must be willing and available to travel and work at client sites as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree from a four-year design program
- 1+ years of professional experience in an interaction design role
- Proficiency in Sketch and InVision app for screen design and prototyping
- A strong portfolio that showcases your knowledge of design principles and information architecture, interaction design, and visual design skills
- Ability to work with clients to design user experiences and interactions that successfully meet project needs
- Experience designing for responsive web, native iOS, and native Android platforms
- Good critical thinking skills and ability to clearly articulate complex ideas
- Experience working with Keynote presentations
- Verbal & written communication
- Presenting to a Client
- Time management
- Collaborative—can work in cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented, down to the pixel
- High energy, positive attitude
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Motion graphics (plus)
- Familiarity with JIRA (plus)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.