Title: Full Stack Developer - Consultant
Reports to: Manager of Engineering
ChaiOne is a tight-knit bunch of creative, curious, and passionate people. Here are a few reasons that we know you'd love it here:
- You’ll work with some of the world’s largest energy & industrial companies.
- You'll solve challenging, meaningful problems worth solving.
- You’ll explore cutting edge technology, and harness its power to transform the way businesses operate.
The Full-Stack Developer joins an existing client scrum team, assisting with feature-level development of user stories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement business logic in a RESTful service layer, and present data via a mobile-friendly Angular web app.
- Design code for loose coupling and conduct significant unit testing
- Integrate application with schedulers, REST-based integration to Python services, RabbitMQ-based message passing to external applications, and multiple JDBC-based database integrations (for both relational and NoSQL databases)
- Deploy using containerized cloud implementations
- Senior level Java development via Spring Boot
- Practitioner level Angular 4+ UI development
- Strong unit testing ability, test-oriented separation of concerns
- 12-factor application architecture object design
- Message-based architecture (RabbitMQ or GCP pub/sub)
- Source control & work item tracking (i.e. TFS over git)
- Cloud-based infrastructure experience (especially Docker, GCP)
- Practitioner-level experience with scrum development (including coordination across teams)
- Local travel up to 100% of the time to be available on-site at client may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.