Title: Technical Lead
Reports to: VP of Product
We are a tight-knit bunch of creative, curious, and passionate people. Here are a few reasons that we know you'd love it here:
- You’ll work in a flexible, social work environment.
- You'll solve challenging, meaningful problems worth solving.
- You’ll explore cutting edge technology, and harness its power to transform the way businesses operate.
The Technical Lead – Product will lead the technical definition and implementation of ChaiOne’s Velostics logistics execution platform and integration to related enterprise systems. You will serve as a strong technical advocate, involving yourself throughout the entire product life cycle - from definition and implementation, to supporting pre-sales and delivery - to ensure the successful deployment of the company’s products and related solutions to our customers. You will be expected to have deep technical understanding of our product and the underpinning technologies as well as the competitive spaces we participate in.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and design technical solutions to the business problems the product solves that meet the market business needs as well as ChaiOne’s cost, schedule, technology, functional, and non-functional requirements by building solutions that are scalable, extensible, implementable, measurable, secure, and performant
- Understand product vision and business needs to define technical requirements and product architectural solutions.
- Lead a technical team to design, develop, & deploy products that meet objectives by holding team accountable to code review and engineering best practices
- Work with VP of Product in planning and execution of product releases.
- Maintain product roadmap and architectural standards that assure product development projects optimally align with business objectives.
- Clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified products.
- Represent company and product in conversations with client IT and in sales engagements.
- Develop broad knowledge about current and future product features.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of development experience with increasing responsibility
- Ideal candidate will have experience in the following technologies:
- Back End: Node.js
- Web portal front end: React.js
- Mobile: React Native
- ChaiOne Tool Stack
- Swagger / OpenAPI Specification (OAS)
- Cloud Computing Softwares
- Experience with enterprise systems integration:
- SAP ERP
- SAP Transportation Management
- SAP Order Management
- Continuous Integration & Deployment best practices
- Good understanding of SDLC and solution delivery methodologies
- Proven ability to contribute to technical architecture design that supports robust solutions, including experience with requirements management and technology selection
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and networking
- Experience presenting to executives and partner development teams
- Experience with leading geographically distributed teams and development partners
- Customer–focused mindset, taking pride in identifying & solving client business needs
- Exposure to Human-Computer Interaction or User Centered Design concept (preferred)
Travel to client sites may be required, up to 25%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.