Bright Minds. Better Methods. Best Outcomes. Chainalytics accelerates fact-based transformation for supply chain leaders around the globe, including 18 of Gartner’s Top 25 supply chains. We bring an unparalleled passion to our core purpose: to help leaders realise maximum value from their supply chains. Our combination of top supply chain talent, proven methodologies and proprietary market intelligence delivers actionable insight and measurable outcomes. With locations across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, Chainalytics serves companies globally in a borderless fashion.
At Chainalytics, you join a team that helps craft supply chain strategies for the world’s largest and most dynamic firms. You will work in small teams of analytical thinkers and supply chain experts with a passion for problem-solving. As part of a rapidly growing global firm, you will have opportunities to contribute, gain experience, learn, grow and advance in a stimulating small company environment.
As a Consultant or Senior Consultant with our Transportation team, you will work closely with and report to a Senior Manager or Principal. Your primary responsibilities are to work with our clients to design, manage, and deliver analysis-driven, actionable supply chain network recommendations.
Position responsibilities are as follows:
- Work closely with the project manager and client to develop an analysis strategy and design a detailed analysis methodology
- Work closely with other team members to execute the methodology, performing certain tasks directly and delegating other tasks to junior consultants/analysts
- Design/support modelling approaches to answer strategic business questions
- Own all or certain subsets of the analysis and drive them to completion, involving the client and project manager as appropriate
- Interface with the client to acquire business data, information and insight
- Develop effective and polished presentation material from analysis results
- Work closely with the project manager to design, develop, and integrate material for client presentations
- Present the work to the client and gain feedback
- Identify and communicate ways to improve Chainalytics’ analysis tools and techniques
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships
An ideal candidate will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a leading institution in industrial engineering, operations research, supply chain management or related major (master’s degree or MBA preferred).
- Possess a minimum of two (for Consultant) or four (for Sr. Consultant) years of experience in the transportation industry, working with quantitative tools and methodology (specific experience in consulting is an advantage)
- Have advanced data and visualization skills in managing large data via relational databases (SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, Qlik)
- Have experience working with the following tools is an advantage:
- Procurement optimization (e.g. JDA, CombineNet, Trade Extensions)
- Transportation modelling (e.g. JDA Transportation Modeler, MercuryGate Mojo)
- TMS, Routing tools (e.g. Descartes' RoadShow, LeanLogistics, UPS RoadNet)
- Have experience of working with teams in multiple geographies and cultures
- Possess excellent client communication skills and experience