Bright Minds. Better Methods. Best Outcomes. Chainalytics accelerates fact-based transformation for supply chain leaders around the globe, including 18 of Gartner’s Top 25 supply chains. We bring unparalleled passion to our core purpose: to help leaders realize maximum value from their supply chains. Our combination of top supply chain talent, proven methodologies and proprietary market intelligence delivers actionable insight and measurable outcomes. With locations across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, Chainalytics serves companies globally in a borderless fashion.
Chainalytics is looking for a Consultant/Senior Consultant for its Transportation Practice. You will work closely with and report to a Senior Manager or Principal. The Consultant/Senior Consultant’s primary role is as a member of a project team, delivering analysis-driven strategic and tactical advisory services to Chainalytics’ clients according to the project goals.
The Consultant/Senior Consultant’s specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Work closely with the project manager to develop an analysis strategy and design a detailed analysis methodology
- Work closely with other team members to execute the methodology, performing certain tasks directly and delegating other tasks to junior consultants/analysts
- Own certain subsets of the analysis and drive them to completion, involving the client and project manager as appropriate
- Interface with the client to acquire business data, information and insight
- Develop effective and polished presentation material from analysis results
- Work closely with the project manager to design, develop, and integrate material for client presentations
- Support the project manager during presentations to the client
- Identify and communicate ways to improve Chainalytics’ analysis tools and techniques
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a leading institution in industrial engineering, operations research, supply chain management or related major (master’s degree or MBA preferred).
- Possess a minimum of two (Consultant) or four (Sr. Consultant) years of experience in the transportation industry, preferably working with quantitative tools and methodology in analyzing supply chain decisions (specific experience in consulting is an advantage)
- Demonstrate a track record of delivering results as a part of a project team (focus on strategic and tactical aspects of transportation and fleet management and planning is preferred)
- Demonstrate a solid quantitative background including experience in applying optimization and/or simulation techniques.
- Have the skills and experience to use quantitative methodology, translate client requirements into quantitative models, and execute on delivery plans
- Have superior and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate working knowledge of decision support technology (previous hands-on use of decision support technology is preferred)
- Possess excellent client communication skills and experience
- Possess the leadership and mentorship skills to help develop junior consultants/analysts
- Demonstrate working knowledge of handling large data via Access, SQL and/or programming languages
- Demonstrate a high-level of proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience working with the following tools is an advantage:
- Procurement optimization tools (e.g. JDA, CombineNet, Trade Extensions)
- Transportation modeling tools (e.g JDA Transportation Modeler, MercuryGate Mojo)
- Routing and scheduling tools (e.g. Descartes' RoadShow, UPS RoadNet)
- Transportation management systems (Oracle, JDA, LeanLogistics, MercuryGate, Manhattan Associates)