Bright Minds. Better Methods. Best Outcomes. Chainalytics accelerates fact-based transformation for supply chain leaders around the globe, including 18 of Gartner’s Top 25 supply chains. We bring unparalleled passion to our core purpose: to help leaders realize maximum value from their supply chains. Our combination of top supply chain talent, proven methodologies and proprietary market intelligence delivers actionable insight and measurable outcomes. With locations across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, Chainalytics serves companies globally in a borderless fashion.
Chainalytics is looking for a Manager/Senior Manager for its Transportation Practice. You will work closely with and report to a Principal or Delivery Lead. The primary responsibility for this position is to successfully lead, manage and deliver analysis-driven strategic and tactical advisory services to Chainalytics’ clients according to the scope and objectives of the consulting engagement.
Senior Manager responsibilities include:
- Deliver successful projects according to the project plan, Chainalytics’ methodology, and client expectations
- Be the primary contact point with the client
- Acquire the necessary data, information and business insight,
- Alert the client of upcoming client resource or data requirements,
- Keep the client apprised of project status, and
- Deliver interim and final results
- Manage and coordinate the activities of all project personnel and resources
- Identify and employ creative quantitative techniques to identify strategies for improving the profitability and overall success of the client
- Instruct and mentor junior consultants/analysts in the techniques and methodology required to achieve the deliverable requirements
Develop and maintain positive client relationships.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a leading institution in engineering, operations research, supply chain management or related major (master’s degree or MBA preferred).
- Show a minimum of 6 years experience in the transportation industry, preferably working with quantitative tools and methodology in analyzing supply chain decisions (specific experience in consulting is a significant advantage)
- Demonstrate a track record of leading and delivering on projects (focus on strategic and tactical aspects of transportation and fleet management and planning is preferred)
- Demonstrate a solid quantitative background, including experience in applying optimization and/or simulation techniques.
- Have the skills and experience to understand client requirements, manage client expectations, use quantitative methodologies, and execute on delivery plans
- Have superior and creative problem-solving skills with a strong working knowledge of MS Access and Excel.
- Have a broad understanding and a healthy appreciation of decision support technology(previous hands-on use of decision support technology is preferred)
- Possess excellent client communication and management skills and experience
- Possess the leadership and mentorship skills to help develop junior consultants and analysts
Senior Managers at Chainalytics must be comfortable operating in these roles:
- Influencer : Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
- Leader : Significant experience leading teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects
- Doer : Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end solutions, working through the many obstacles along the way
- Communicator : Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
- Problem Solver : Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
Experience working with the following tools is an advantage:
- Procurement optimization tools (e.g. JDA, CombineNet, Trade Extensions)
- Transportation modeling tools (e.g JDA Transportation Modeler, MercuryGate Mojo)
- Routing and scheduling tools (e.g. Descartes' RoadShow, UPS RoadNet)
- Transportation management systems (Oracle, JDA, LeanLogistics, MercuryGate, Manhattan Associates)
Location: Remote - Atlanta, GA - Denver, CO - Minneapolis, MN