Payroll Coordinator, Boston MA
As a payroll coordinator you will join the internal team in CFGI’s Boston corporate headquarters and you will be a key contributor to the overall business. CFGI is a unique and highly specialized financial consulting firm that is strategically positioned to help companies through a range of routine and complex business scenarios.
Work you’ll do:
· Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll in the U.S. in multi-state environment.
· Maintain payroll records by managing systems and collection, calculation, and entering of payroll information into ADP system.
· Respond to and engage with employees regarding payroll, taxes, and benefits questions and requests in a friendly and efficient manner.
· New hire training (focused on timesheets/payroll / benefits).
· Familiarity with the following laws and compliance issues: ACA reporting, EEO-1 reporting, registration for states and local taxes, compliance with Workers comp, unemployment insurance, family medical leave registration and compliance.
· Comply with federal state, and local taxation and regulatory requirements, research existing and new legislation, and advise management on any necessary compliance actions.
· Preparation of payroll journal entries and performing quarterly reconciliations between general ledger and payroll system on a monthly or quarterly basis.
· Act as a liaison with other business functions, including ensuring timely processing of new hires and terminations .
· Assist with payroll analyses and ad hoc reporting as needed.
· Amendment processing (ADP Workforce Now experience).
· Serve as the back-up to the Office & Employee Support Administrator.
Who you are:
You are detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task. You have great analytical and problem-solving skills. You will do what it takes to ensure deadlines are met and your work product is accurate. You have an ability to prioritize across several buckets of responsibility. You are a team player and can collaborate with other people within the organization. You like taking on new things and aren’t afraid to bring up new ideas.
· At least (2) to five (5) years' experience processing payroll.
· Bachelor's degree in related field highly preferred
· Knowledge of basic office systems & Microsoft suite.
· This position is required to work on-site from 8:30-5:30.