Consultant – Accounting Advisory / Technical Accounting
Our consultants work as part of a team with other CFGI professionals, Big 4 auditors and client management on all facets of the engagements, including: analyzing financial information, interviewing client management, identifying key issues, report writing, participating in meetings and developing a strong relationship with client management.
Take ownership of your career at CFGI:
- Gain exposure to a wide range of industries and/or projects
- Make a true business impact with your clients
- Own projects from start to finish, free of independence
- Enjoy client interaction and thrive in a client facing role
- Be consistently challenged, learn through a collegial environment created from top tier experts hired within the firm
- Flexibility of office/remote/client site work locations (engagement specific)
- Create your own path
- Enjoy what you do!
What you might expect:
- Preparation of operational due diligence for complex transactions (i.e. – acquisitions & divestitures, stock offerings and dept raises, IPO’s).
- Accounting projects focused on carving out business units/subsidiaries
- Integration with client’s internal staff as a subject matter expert when it comes to operational senior accounting tasks or overall financial team support
- Preparation of financial and regulatory information in accordance with SEC and regulatory requirements (i.e. – 10K’s, 10Q’s, S-1 and S-4 filings, audit coordination).
- Research & documentation projects related to new ASC accounting standards (i.e. -example: ASC 842, ASC 606).
- Process improvement projects and implementation of changes
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting – CPA and/or MBA combined with solid accounting experience will be considered in lieu of a degree in Accounting
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in public accounting and/or industry accounting/finance
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams
- Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting
- Effective analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical and dependable
- High energy with commitment to quality client service