Are you a talented web developer with an eye for design and a keen understanding of how users behave on the web?
We’re looking for a designer and developer to own the look and feel of our website and help us transform it into a vehicle to simply and beautifully tell the story of Cesium and how it can help our users. Our website is the most important way we communicate with the world about Cesium, our products, and the power of 3D geospatial visualization for helping organizations across nearly every industry. Working closely with our marketing and product teams, you will determine the best way to visually tell this story on our website - and then go build it.
What you’ll do:
- Be our first dedicated designer, dreaming up how to best visualize our messages and communicate them via our website.
- Build. You will design and mockup your ideas, and then go build them, ultimately delivering a fully functional and cohesive website.
- Test out your ideas, monitor their overall performance, iterate, and improve.
- Work closely with our marketing and communications team to contribute to and execute our company vision, and with our product and engineering teams to communicate about existing and new products.
- Help where needed. We’re a fast-growing startup and all wear many hats. Expect to get pulled into key projects where your design and development skills will help, and to have a say in the design of everything from branding for our next product to our new company t-shirts.
What we’re looking for:
- Must be comfortable turning mockups into production-ready code.
- A designer at heart, and a builder by trade. You love to create beautiful, creative, and effective designs and turn them into functional websites.
- Strong communicator with the ability to visually break down complex technical concepts into easy to understand graphics, illustrations, and layouts.
- A love for data and user experience - you want to understand SEO, how people use websites and how to improve their functionality to achieve our goals.
- Familiarity with developing or integrating content management systems is a plus.
- Experience working with Github and Markdown is a plus.
- Experience using Photoshop, Google Analytics, and/or other modern graphic design and mockup tools.
- Creative/artistic/graphic design skills that go beyond the web a major plus.
- An enthusiastic learner - we’re constantly improving our product, messaging, and overall work and are looking for someone who will thrive in that environment.
- A collaborator. While you’ll work most closely with our marketing & communications and product management teams, you’ll end up collaborating with nearly everyone at Cesium.
Cesium is a platform for 3D geospatial data - we enable developers and data providers to build dynamic 3D geospatial applications more easily. 3D data is being collected all around us, nearly all the time. With Cesium, we’re making this 3D data more usable so we can better understand our world. We’ve been building Cesium for 8+ years and it’s production tested with companies like Toyota, JLL, and Red Bull, government agencies like the NGA, and high traffic events like NORAD’s annual Santa Tracker. We are expanding our user base and into new industries as fast as we can. Your work will help us do this better.
At Cesium, you’ll work alongside our experienced team who will invest in you to help you achieve your career and personal growth goals.
This position is open to recent grads and professionals alike and is based out of our Philadelphia office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
Sound like fun? Please submit a portfolio of your work below!