Note: We prefer this position to be located in Ann Arbor, Michigan (and will help with relocation!) but are open to hiring remote for the right candidate.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our engineering team. You’ll be working on building, deploying and scaling the backend services that power our data pipeline and customer-facing applications. Censys processes terabytes of data about networks each day, and you’ll be key to ensuring we can effectively leverage it in our products. You’ll be directly responsible for helping us in our ultimate mission to help enterprises understand their exposure and vulnerabilities by leveraging the most trusted data in security.
Skills or Experience You Have:
- 2+ years experience building and deploying backend services, preferably that power data pipelines or external-facing applications
- You’ve deployed applications on Kubernetes in production, and understand how to automate a build-test-deploy cycle around Kubernetes. You don’t just maintain a Kubernetes structure, you are a builder.
- You’re interested in emerging networking and communication technologies, like Envoy or Linkerd, and GRPC.
- You’re motivated to build health checks and monitoring into everything you do, and have experience with time-series monitoring solutions, such as Prometheus, Grafana, InfluxDB, or Chronograph.
- You can work with your teammates to design, build, and deploy backend microservices.
- You’re willing to pair up with anybody to solve problems, with an eye towards developer experience and delivery.
- You understand how to design and architect service-based solutions for maintainability and scalability.
- You want to build things, not just administer clusters and cloud services.
Censys ingests millions of certificates and billions of network handshakes daily, and exposes this data to customers to help them secure their organization by understanding their network attack surface. We’re a true startup with midwestern roots and brilliant academia-backed founding team. We’re looking for high-energy, action-oriented people who are interested in helping build a product and culture that we’re proud of for years to come.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.