We’re looking to hire a backend engineer to work on our building the internals of our software-as-a-service applications. Censys builds and operates distributed data-collection infrastructure for Internet-wide scanning, bulk DNS resolution, and X.509 certificate ingestion. Censys is building a SaaS product that enables researchers and analysts to explore and draw security insights from this data. Your job will be to go beyond ingestion and presentation, and help us build the infrastructure that will power the new product.
At Censys, we believe in working iteratively, but we’re always thinking about the big picture. We’re not looking to just to add more internal services. We want to build a platform that enables fast development of future products, and integration with new data collection methods. You’re someone who can look not just at initial development, but ongoing maintenance and monitoring. You’re got an eye towards delivery and developer experience, and everything you do can be built upon in the future by others.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build the infrastructure to power future products and features Censys
- Architect solutions to enrich data collected from billions of network handshakes daily
- Calculate the graph structure of data in both streaming and batch settings
- Solve problems across multiple languages and codebases
Skills You Have:
- 3+ years software engineering experience with an emphasis working back-end
- Experience designing fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience writing scalable web services in a cloud-based architecture (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- We use gRPC, but experience with any RPC IDL is a fine substitute
- You’re experienced with patterns for concurrency. We write a lot of concurrent Go (but don’t expect that you’ve written it before)
- You can build testable, loosely-coupled systems in cloud environments
- You understand how to containerize applications and their build process
- Can collaborate and communicate with other engineers working on related systems
- Can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team
- Are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to other cross functional teams is no problem for you
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.