We’re looking for our second Sales Engineer to connect our product to our users. The right person is passionate about the cybersecurity landscape but also not afraid of a startup. With a deep technical understanding of our product, you’ll be a key contributor for presales and technical support requests as well as own the creation and building of our knowledge base. You will also collaborate with sales and engineering to improve user experience from end to end and leverage your expertise of the Censys product to help gain new customers as well as increasing the adoption of our current customer base.
What you’ll do:
- Communicate clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical users
- Support our customers by assisting with query creation and execution
- Lead efforts to author and maintain our user documentation
- Provide technical expertise during sales cycle and post sales to help drive user adoption
- Collaborate with sales and engineering to improve user experience from end to end
Skills you’ll have:
- 1-3 years software development experience, both Python and use of RESTful APIs
- Basic understanding of JSON and SQL (e.g., MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of common network protocols: https, ssh, imap4, ftp, etc
- Understanding of SSL/TLS and certificates
- You’ll be scrappy, eager, and flexible
- You’re comfortable working in an environment with ambiguity
- You’re not afraid to share your opinion
We're looking for folks who like to play with data and believe that security shouldn't be black magic. What started as a research project at the University of Michigan with data on the composition of the Internet has turned into a company with the most advanced analysis of every host known, Censys. We’re a true startup headquartered in the heart of Ann Arbor, Michigan and our mission is to help companies around the world secure their systems and data by building insightful applications atop our map of the Internet.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. The more inclusive our team is, the easier our mission will be to accomplish. Whether you’re just starting in your career, coming back to the workforce, or just decided a new adventure is on the horizon, we want to hear from you!