The Project Management Assistant works within the Project Management Office to support planning and direction setting for multiple concurrent projects that require project and carrier/provisioning management support of varying size, including small, medium and large-scale projects. This position is responsible for providing analytical and administrative support for all projects within the Project Management Organization. This is in line with the delivery of CENIC’s service commitments on schedule and within budget using internal and external resources, and following CENIC standard policies and procedures as well as PMO Team Norms and Guiding Principles.
● Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the broadband industry
● Supports functions covering planning, tracking, reporting, quality management and internal/external communication
● Coordinates and attends project meetings as well as service provider meetings; follows up on outstanding tasks
● Participate in project design meetings and recommend improvements as needed
● Prepares records of project activities and service provider activities; oversees and ensures the timely processing in and the delivery of required materials as necessary
● Research, collect, and evaluate project data necessary to meet project reporting and evaluation requirements
● Responsible for maintenance of: schedules, trackers, and meeting minutes.
● Ensures data integrity within all project documents and reporting platforms
● Build and maintain effective relationships with the project team, project sponsors, senior managers, stakeholders/customers, other project team members and managers, service providers, external teams, agencies and vendors
● Establishes and maintains internal and external project contacts as necessary
● Coordinates between multiple project managers to identify opportunities for standardization
● Assist departments in developing connectivity solutions to support CENIC Associates and other associates
● Assist in placing circuit orders with service providers as assigned
● Assist with other tasks as needed
● Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant work experience may be considered in place of degree
● Team Player - Ability to work within a matrixed team structure, be nimble, agile and deal with constant change to meet the PMO team’s objectives
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to learn new concepts quickly and think creatively
● Highly-driven and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
● Experience in high tech environment and/or working on technical projects is preferred
● Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong ability to work well with others
● Ability to work and build relationships cross functionally for deliverables across multiple workgroups
● Demonstrably solid analytical and problem solving skills
● Excellent oral and written communications skills
● Ability to work with minimal supervision
● Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
SALARY: Please note that this a temporary, non-exempt hourly position. If performance is judged to be outstanding within six months it is possible to be promoted to a permanent position.
LOCATION: CENIC has two California offices, the home office in La Mirada and a smaller office in Berkeley. This position will work out of the La Mirada office.