HR Generalist | Direct Hire | Madison, WI area
$55,000/year + based on experience, plus great benefits
Our Madison area client is seeking a Bi-Lingual Spanish HR Generalist to join their growing global company. This is an organization that promotes opportunities for personal growth and supports employees’ development.
As the HR Generalist, you will be involved in a broad range of HR responsibilities, from recruiting and onboarding to employee relations and benefits. You’ll work with employees at all levels and with the leadership team. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your high energy and enthusiasm for the HR profession and make a difference in the lives of employees, while at the same time helping the organization reach company goals.
- Provide a broad range of human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, compensation, benefits, training and development, employee relations and retention, compliance, and reporting.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting a diverse talent pool for multiple sites within the organization.
- Conduct recruitment efforts and lead employee orientations
- Administer leave programs, including FMLA
- Provide support to employees on basic employee relations questions and inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Consult with management, providing HR guidance as needed
- Performs benefits administration (Medical/Dental enrollments and changes, FMLA tracking and reporting, Workers’ Compensation, etc.)
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop departmental goals, objectives, and systems
- Assist HR management team with special projects
Desired candidates will have...
- BS Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, or related field
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish is highly desired
- 3-5+ years of related work experience
- HR Certifications are a plus
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines (recruiting, benefits, compensation, employee relations, performance management, federal and state employment laws)
- Demonstrated a high level of customer service skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills, and ability to balance and complete multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate among multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work well in cross-functional teams
- Must be open-minded, flexible, and able to adapt easily and accept new ideas quickly
- Strong MS Office skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint