Direct Hire Opportunity!
Under the direction of the Distribution Manager, process and expedite purchase orders and perform other clerical duties in support of the purchasing function.
- Daily ordering of materials for Projects and Inventory in the time frame required, and execute purchase orders
- Track back-orders of materials
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Optimize total costs including freight and purchase price
- Actively communicate & collaborate with key stake holders
- Resolve discrepancies associated with responsible supplier transactions in a timely manner
- Other projects & duties as assigned
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
General office atmosphere with occasional walking, bending, lifting, with trips through the fabrication areas.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Good Customer Service and Relationship Skills
- Self-motivated to be able to work on own
- Computer Skills and Fluent in Outlook, MS Excel and Word
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in business, accounting, or related field a plus
- 2 - 5 years of Purchasing experience a plus
- Good problem solving skills
- Plumbing and heating product knowledge a plus