SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Web & Email Strategist will manage front-end web and email efforts to support marketing initiatives and campaigns. This role is the front-end web manager for cbtnuggets.com and is responsible for overall health and improvement of web pages, forms, and other functionality for the purpose of driving conversions.
This role also supports our email program and is responsible for the planning, execution, and tracking of email campaigns while managing our email database.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Website conversions and conversion rate
- Website traffic, health, and functionality
- Email revenue
- Email engagement and conversion metrics
- Email list subscription growth
- Web Management
- Maintain and continually improve the front-end website experience and accuracy of content.
- Work with Marketing Project Manager as liaison to the Marketing Development and Design teams.
- Own website testing methodologies and CRO efforts.
- Test content and layout options to better engage learners.
- Ensure adherence to our web style guidelines.
- Partner in the development of digital creative assets, UI and UX improvements.
- Coordinate with the Digital Marketing & Analytics Manager, Content Manager and external partners on SEO efforts.
- Facilitate QA for public-facing webpages and experiences.
- Email Marketing
- Create email marketing campaigns and journey workflows to support business objectives related to revenue and engagement.
- Create new email templates, update existing templates and maintain our email style guide in alignment with visual brand guidelines.
- Measure results and optimize lead nurturing workflows focused on conversions.
- Regularly report on email metrics and match email efforts to marketing program goals.
- Test and QA email marketing assets, systems and workflows.
- Develop and maintain email deployment calendar.
- Research web and email trends and opportunities and educate the team.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Skills/Experience Required:
- 3+ years of experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web management and optimization
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, sender reputation, and workflows
- Working knowledge of on-page SEO practices
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- Creative thinker who can expand this channel through testing and data analysis
- Understand how to write engaging copy for email and web pages
- Excellent communicator
- Channel/Thought Leader: Independently identify needs and follow through with minimal supervision
- Familiar with Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a plus
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) is a plus
- Must be an independent thinker
- Must be honest and value integrity
- Must be willing to treat all co-workers with respect
- Must understand and appreciate the value of teamwork
- Must have a good work ethic
- Must have impeccable attention to detail
- Must care about the mission of CBT Nuggets
- Must be passionate about our learners’ success
- Must be comfortable with autonomy and be a self-starter
- Must be eager to learn and grow in your professional life
Skills that are Preferred but not Required:
- A healthy sarcasm/ quick wit
- A love of IT and/or technology
- Ability to be proficient with an Apple laptop
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, and internal CBT Nuggets software
CBT NUGGETS MISSION
...to continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals.
CBT NUGGETS FAVORITE QUOTES
“It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you don’t care who gets the credit.”
“Be honest, direct, and real.”
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
“Life should be better tomorrow than it is today.”
- What you say doesn’t matter nearly as much as what you do. Prove to us that you have passion, attention to detail, a good work ethic, and are an independent thinker through your preparation for the interview. Imagine yourself as already having the job and focus on telling us how you will help CBT Nuggets accomplish it’s mission with your help.
- Sign up for the free trial and learn about the CBT Nuggets offering. Every teammate at CBT Nuggets has to understand our customer and our product. Prepare as if you’re already on the team.
- Don’t be nervous, there’s no reason to be. If you feel nervous, channel that energy into a better use.
- Smile, and enjoy the process.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This position is a full-time (40 hours per week) salaried position
- Compensation is dependent on experience and skill level
- Benefits are outlined in the employee handbook
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without written notice.
If you understand the value of hard work and you’re passionate about both the mission of CBT Nuggets and your role in it, then CBT Nuggets will be a very rewarding career opportunity for you.
CBT Nuggets provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CBT Nuggets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CBT Nuggets expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CBT Nuggets’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
CBT Nuggets actively maintains and regularly updates its Affirmative Action Program.