SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Edit professional videos for both internal and external use of CBT Nuggets
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Strongly support CBT Nuggets core values and Tenets.
- Produce informative and engaging videos to market the company and support business goals.
- Produce videos to support the necessary internal communications and training of employees.
- Help produce videos from concept to creation and final delivery.
- Create internal videos that capture the activities and atmosphere of CBT Nuggets, inform the employees of company news and events, and train employees to follow proper procedures.
- Produce informative, engaging videos that market the company and meet the requirements of the request.
- Produce videos that resonate with our customers and comply with our brand standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain post production equipment, computers, storage and software.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Communications or related field or equivalent with 3-5 years of comparable experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop and DaVinci Resolve.
- Possess knowledge of YouTube marketing tools.
- Additional Skills:
- Creative script writing.
- Keep up with video industry trends and technology.
- Proactive in the pursuit of creating video.
- Possess good organization and time management skills to produce high quality products with tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to work autonomously with self-drive and dedication.
- A friendly and professional demeanor, with the ability to work with all types of personnel, including employees, high profile talent, executives and clients.
- Must be honest and value integrity
- Must be willing to treat all co-workers with respect
- Must understand and appreciate the value of teamwork
- Must have a good work ethic
- Must have impeccable attention to detail
- Must care about the mission of CBT Nuggets
- Must be passionate about our learners’ success
- Must be comfortable with autonomy and be a self-starter
- Must be eager to learn and grow in your professional life
Skills that are Preferred:
- Motion graphics design and editing for title sequences
- Knowledge of ProTools
- Video coloring experience through DaVinci Resolve and Lumetri.
- A healthy sarcasm/quick wit
- Knowledge of IT and/or technology
- Proficiency in Mac OS
- Proficiency in Windows
- Shared storage systems.
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Slack
CBT NUGGETS MISSION
...to continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals.
CBT NUGGETS FAVORITE QUOTES
“It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you don’t care who gets the credit.”
“Be honest, direct, and real.”
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
“Life should be better tomorrow than it is today.”
- What you say doesn’t matter nearly as much as what you do. Prove to us that you have passion, attention to detail, a good work ethic, and are an independent thinker through your preparation for the interview. Imagine yourself as already having the job and focus on telling us how you will help CBT Nuggets accomplish its mission with your help.
- Sign up for the free trial and learn about the CBT Nuggets offering. Every teammate at CBT Nuggets has to understand our customer and our product. Prepare as if you’re already on the team.
- Don’t be nervous, there’s no reason to be. If you feel nervous, channel that energy into a better use.
- Smile, and enjoy the process.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This position is a full-time (40 hours per week)
- Compensation is dependent on experience and skill level
- Benefits are outlined in the employee handbook
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without written notice.
If you understand the value of hard work and you’re passionate about both the mission of CBT Nuggets and your role in it, then CBT Nuggets will be a very rewarding career opportunity for you.
CBT Nuggets provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CBT Nuggets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CBT Nuggets expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CBT Nuggets’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
CBT Nuggets actively maintains and regularly updates its Affirmative Action Program.