SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Apply learning and instructional design theory with technical knowledge to guide course creation
- Create and maintain curriculum that guides learners to their objectives
- Assist with assessment, evaluation, and learning strategy
- Collaborate with Learning Content team to ensure quality, accuracy, and consistency
- Organize and maintain content, curriculum resources, and other relevant learning materials
- Use learning theory and technical knowledge to create an educational experience for learners that successfully teaches new skills or improves the learner’s skill level
- Apply knowledge of IT industry and major technologies to maintain a relevant curriculum that is up to date with the current goings on of IT
- Create and maintain curriculum that builds on core learning content to guide learners to their objectives
- Build and maintain skill portfolio of each trainer and recommend relevant content accordingly.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Learner adoption of curriculum-based approach to planning and achieving their learning goals
- Increasing efficiency of content production on the Trainer Team by modeling and organizing course content
- Increases in completion percentage and renewal rates by creating relevant, engaging Learning Paths
- Develop IT Learning Paths that meet learners’ needs
- Maintain curriculum resources and materials
- Interface with learning content team to facilitate the development of appropriate content
- Work with trainers to develop effective learning objectives and course outlines.
- Provide input on additional resources to supplement core learning content
- Liaise with community, coaching and learner support teams to adapt and maintain curriculum
- Assist with assessment and learning validation strategy
- Utilize an adaptive content strategy to maximize ROI of each piece of content produced
- Collaborate with Learning Content team to review final content to ensure quality, accuracy, and consistency with company standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in curriculum development or instructional design
- Preference given to those with a technical certification from major IT vendors or equivalent industry experience.
- Must be an independent thinker
- Must have exceptional planning skills
- Must be honest and value integrity
- Must be willing to treat all co-workers with respect
- Must understand and appreciate the value of teamwork
- Must have a good work ethic
- Must have impeccable attention to detail
- Must care about the mission of CBT Nuggets
- Must be passionate about our learners’ success
- Must be comfortable with autonomy and be a self-starter
- Must be eager to learn and grow in your professional life
Skills that are Preferred but not Required:
- A healthy sarcasm/ quick wit
- A love of IT and/or technology
- Ability to be proficient with an Apple laptop
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, and internal CBT Nuggets software
CBT NUGGETS MISSION
...to continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals.
CBT NUGGETS FAVORITE QUOTES
“It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you don’t care who gets the credit.”
“Be honest, direct, and real.”
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
“Life should be better tomorrow than it is today.”
- What you say doesn’t matter nearly as much as what you do. Prove to us that you have passion, attention to detail, a good work ethic, and are an independent thinker through your preparation for the interview. Imagine yourself as already having the job and focus on telling us how you will help CBT Nuggets accomplish it’s mission with your help.
- Sign up for the free trial and learn about the CBT Nuggets offering. Every teammate at CBT Nuggets has to understand our customer and our product. Prepare as if you’re already on the team.
- Don’t be nervous, there’s no reason to be. If you feel nervous, channel that energy into a better use.
- Smile, and enjoy the process.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This position is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
- Compensation is dependent on attitude and ability
- Benefits are outlined in the employee handbook
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without written notice.
If you understand the value of hard work and you’re passionate about both the mission of CBT Nuggets and your role in it, then CBT Nuggets will be a very rewarding career opportunity for you.
CBT Nuggets provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CBT Nuggets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CBT Nuggets expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CBT Nuggets’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
CBT Nuggets actively maintains and regularly updates its Affirmative Action Program.