Our Front-End Developers “geek out” over trends in tech...
You may be perfect for this role if you have...
- A passion for agile development practices, open source values, and beautiful code.
- A thirst for the “next big thing” and are a self-proclaimed problem-solving ninja.
- A desire for continual learning and professional growth.
- A passion for peer-programming and an interest in working as part of a cross-functional team.
- An ability to communicate effectively with people that have varying levels of experience with IT or web application development.
Our Front-End Developers exhibit these competences...
- Expert in CSS and HTML - 3+ years experience desired.
- Proficient to expert in responsive web development.
- Proficient to expert in understanding and adhering to standard SEO principles.
- Proficient to expert in ReactJS, Vue, Angular, and/or BackboneJS
- Competent at identifying and working around cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Competent at asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Competent at working with version control workflows (Git, SVN, etc…).
- Competent at applying OOP/MVC concepts.
- Novice with FE build tools and CSS preprocessors (Gulp, Webpack, Grunt, SASS, LESS, etc…).
- Nice to have - familiar - familiarity with popular CMS (Drupal, Wordpress, etc…).
- Nice to have - familiarity with usability / accessibility standards.
- Nice to have - familiarity with backend development
Responsibilities for a Front-End Developer include...
- Building custom sites, applications and services for web and mobile in accordance with established success criteria.
- Providing support for, and maintain existing client applications and websites.
- Creating high quality, well designed, efficient and testable code in accordance with current industry standards and company best practices guidelines.
- Upholding company established code testing, review, and QA procedures and best practices.
- Gathering specifications and product requirements with the support of a Project Manager.
- Contributing to estimation, technology considerations, architecture and product planning exercises for client deliverables.
- Monitoring website performance with special focus on site usability - identify ways to resolve inefficiencies and optimize application for speed and scalability.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
We do have a few requirements...
- Direct experience working with APIs and building decoupled applications.
- Available to work onsite at our Caxy office during regular business hours (9AM - 5:30PM).
- Able to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Able to establish and be held accountable for reasonable delivery expectations.
- Able to manage time effectively, provide reasonable estimates, and identify opportunities to maximize efficiency.
$75K - $95K dependent upon years and quality of experience
Benefits and Perks
- Medical PPO, HSA plans with $200 toward your monthly premium paid
- Dental and Vision plans also available
- Optional 401K
- Financial Wellness Platform targeted at reducing stress
- Stocked Kitchen and Coffeebot
- 24 FLEX Schedule days per year
- 24 WFH days per year
- 15 PTO days per year to use however you'd like
- Weekly Caxy Employee of The Week "CPOW"
- Paid Maternity / Paternity leave after 3 years
We’re on a mission to improve the digital world...
For nearly 20 years, we’ve been the firepower that clients trust to revolutionize their markets. We’re open-source specialists and firm believers in an iterative approach to software development (#AgileLife). We are a team of talented developers who work in cross-functional teams with seasoned Product Managers, UX architects, and digital designers. We believe in the importance of our company culture and value the contributions and unique perspectives of each team member.
We are inspired thinkers and dreamers committed to delivering value with every interaction and output. We combine thoughtful user experience, effective communication, engaging design, quality execution, and strong coffee… to create products that our clients and their end-users love. We’re on a mission to create digital experiences that tie brand experiences together, and we hope you’ll join us.