The Associate PM is the primary contact for multiple small-scale support projects and works closely with Product Owners, Developers, and Designers to troubleshoot issues, handle feature requests, and share progress with the support clients. This person also works to support Product Owners in fleshing out product requirements, writing thorough feature tickets, assisting with project reporting, and generally offering support to the product management team.
You may be perfect for this role if you have...
- Strong planning and organizational skills - the ability to balance competing demands and focus on multiple, varied topics at a time.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills - the ability to interact with the team and clients.
- You want to start a career path toward project management for digital projects
Our Associate PMs exhibit these key competences:
- EXPERT COMMUNICATOR - with clients and team members to achieve a shared understanding. You don’t have to know all the answers - you just have to be able to find them.
- EXPERT ORGANIZER - Handle a number of small, but important requests from different projects at a time. People that come from a fast-paced, agency setting tend to have the right skills for this.
- EXPERT RECORD KEEPER - on both projects you lead and project teams you support, it is critical that you are able to keep effective meeting minutes, write thorough feature tickets, and keep receipts of all major project and feature decisions.
- PROFICIENT TROUBLESHOOTING - You may or may not have experience with the products we’ve built, but you are a problem solver. You are able to retrace steps and document how a person could follow those steps.
Responsibilities for our Associate PMs include...
- Managing client support requests (bugs, new work, troubleshooting, software updates, etc)
- Initial troubleshooting and filing issues so that they can be estimated and worked on by the team.
- Managing expectations as needed to maintain positive client relationships and quality delivery.
- Estimating work with the team and delivering work within that budget and/or getting additional approval as needed.
- Preparing/distributing internal and client-driven project progress reports, invoices for work, documentation, proposals and presentation materials.
- Participating and note-taking in planning meetings, whiteboard sessions, and backlog grooming for larger projects
- Acting as support for the product management team with writing thorough feature tickets for product teams.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as requested.
We do have a few requirements...
- Experience juggling priorities and projects - can be in tech or other industries.
- Availability to work onsite at the Caxy offices during our regular business hours.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently as needed.
We’re on a mission to improve the digital world...
For nearly 20 years, we’ve been the firepower that clients trust to revolutionize their markets. We’re open-source specialists and firm believers in an iterative approach to software development (#AgileLife). We are a team of talented developers who work in cross-functional teams with seasoned Product Managers, UX architects, and digital designers. We believe in the importance of our company culture and value the contributions and unique perspectives of each team member.
We are inspired thinkers and dreamers committed to delivering value with every interaction and output. We combine thoughtful user experience, effective communication, engaging design, quality execution, and strong coffee… to create products that our clients and their end-users love. We’re on a mission to create digital experiences that tie brand experiences together, and we hope you’ll join us.