Caspar.AI is building the homes of the future. Our intelligent operating system connects to the devices in consumer's homes, and adapts the home to resident's preferences. The company is beginning to rapidly deploy to thousands of apartments. It was co-founded by Ashutosh Saxena (CEO) and David Cheriton (Chief Scientist). Their previous companies include Arista Networks (NSDQ: ANET), Apstra Networks, and Zibby.
Caspar is looking for someone with the capability and flexibility to work on any part of the system. Responsibilities range from infrastructure supporting critical real time systems to building web services for user-facing API’s. Creating real-time performant, reliable, and scalable systems are of utmost importance for this position. Having a strong systems background is required to meet the high-quality bar for any feature or service that goes into production.
- Architect scalable distributed systems with an emphasis on security
- Build microservices for API’s, ETL pipelines, etc.
- Write comprehensive tests to maintain a reliable system
- Work closely with various engineering and product partners
- Adept problem solver with an appetite to learn
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Built scalable web services for internal/external customers with an emphasis on
- Data warehousing, ETL pipeline, or brokered message queue experience
- A passion for smart homes and interconnected devices at scale
- Redis, Postgres
- Node.js, Flask
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Kafka, HBase