Caspar.AI is building the homes of the future. Our intelligent operating system connects to IoT devices in the home and using the latest AI and Machine Learning technologies, adapts the home to the resident's preferences. Caspar’s real-time predictive systems deliver the convenience, feeling of security, and savings in time and energy that allows residents to live in a home that works for them.
We at Caspar are concerned with the reliability of entire systems, from bare metal to network to cloud. As an SRE, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers to design, deploy, and operate our development and production systems, You should have the skills to work on any components of a system, from the hardware up to the applications, and the flexibility to adapt to rapid change.
- You will support the deployment and management of the devices that are part of our home installations. Reliability and uptime is critical.
- You’ll be taking responsibility for monitoring production systems, as well as helping to resolve any operational issues that come up.
- Collaborate with development, field operations, and vendors around the world.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Configure and support development, testing, and production environments, including hardware, OS and application layer software.
- Act as a technical expert for computer system administration, for development, production and administrative systems.
- Communicate consistently and clearly to understand plans, needs, and issues of your customers, whether they are software developers or residents.
- 4+ years minimum in a L2 role as a system or network administrator
- Linux Admin
- Software Developer
- Network Administrator
- Good programming skills in at least one language.
- Firm understanding of how APIs work, and how to interact with them.
- 2+ years of experience in testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on AWS or similar environments.
- A good understanding of one of the following configuration management tools:
- Deep understanding of networks and the IP layer model.
- A complete understanding of Linux/Unix.
- Strong experience using Git; branching, merging, pull requests.
- Firm understanding of how to administer Jenkins other CI/CD platform.
- Strong desire to automate solutions.
- Firm understanding of the need to monitor all facets of a product.
- Appetite to learn and desire to improve.
- Must live within 20 miles driving distance of Redwood City.