Caspar.AI is building the homes of the future. Our intelligent operating system connects to IoT devices in the home and using the latest AI and Machine Learning technologies, adapts the home to the resident's preferences. Caspar’s real-time predictive systems deliver the convenience, feeling of security, and savings in time and energy that allows residents to live in a home that works for them.
A senior software engineer has the experience, capability and flexibility across system features and components including backend infrastructure supporting critical user features. Creating clean architectures, usable APIs and real-time performant, reliable, and scalable systems are expected from this position. Having a strong systems background is required to meet the high-quality bar for any feature or service that goes into production.
- Own a component or a backend service, including conceptualization, architecture, development task breakdown, and release to production.
- Maintain components and services including architectural improvements over time.
- Build automated tests for components, services and features
- Track usage and metrics, ensuring high quality from the end user perspective
- 7-10+ years Software Engineering experience
- Experienced in programming system components such as networking, video or similar services
- Well versed in Python or any OOP language
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Must be able to debug complex system level issues in a distributed system
- Capable of profiling and architecting for performance
- Appetite to learn and desire to improve