Las Vegas, NV
Caspar.AI is building the homes of the future. Our intelligent operating system connects to IoT devices in the home and using the latest AI and Machine Learning technologies, adapts the home to the resident's preferences. Caspar’s real-time predictive systems deliver the convenience, feeling of security, and savings in time and energy that allows residents to live in a home that works for them.
Your primary responsibilities will be to help administer and run different parts of the company smoothly. The main areas of responsibility include business operations, inventory management, procurement of hardware from vendors, price negotiation, HR related activities as needed. In a nutshell, helping with miscellaneous tasks as needed at HQ (Redwood City, CA) and our LA office.
Business Operations and Inventory / Procurement Responsibilities:
- Define the procurement process
- Define the inventory management process
- Oversee procurement and inventory management to ensure efficient cost control
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing recommendations
- Vendor payments
- Taking the lead on procurement: work with engg to find alternative vendors, manage contracts and pricing
- Access to QB for payments, make appropriate bookkeeping entries
- Bookkeeping -- check and balance against contracts (vendors and clients) -- on-going contract management
HR and General Business Administration Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the HR Department in the areas of recruiting, on-boarding, compliance, and administration.
- Support for other office locations as needed.
- Improve overall business practices, where relevant.
- Identify and pursue means to control company costs, where relevant.
- Generate financial reports and interact with tax attorney, as needed.
- Provide Support to the Finance Department.
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing recommendations.
- Prepare and review business presentations as needed.
- Keep corporation’s obligations in order (e.g., state and federal filings).
- BBA or MBA in Business Administration or Accounting
- 5+ years experience with business operations or finance
- Demonstrated ability to define and oversee financial processes
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Amazing Excel skills!
- Self-directed and able to work in a fast moving, startup environment