Caspar.AI is creating the homes of the future with the help of artificial intelligence. Our intelligentOS runs 50+ devices in multi-family housing complexes across the US and Japan. We were co-founded by Ashutosh Saxena (CEO) and David Cheriton (Chief Scientist) --- former Professors at Cornell and Stanford. Their previous companies include Arista Networks (NSDQ: ANET), Apstra Networks, and Zibby.
We are growing our team and currently seeking an experienced Business Operations Manager to join our team. In this role, you will collaborate with management to execute business strategies and help manage our operations. Additionally, you will manage financial processes and generate financial reports.
This position will be based at our headquarters in Las Vegas, NV
Business Operations and Inventory / Procurement Responsibilities:
- Oversee procurement and inventory management to ensure efficient cost controlStructure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing recommendations
- Vendor payments
- Taking the lead on procurement: work with engg to find alternative vendors, manage contracts and pricing
- Access to QB for payments, make appropriate bookkeeping entries
- Define the procurement process
- Define the inventory management process
- Bookkeeping -- check and balance against contracts (vendors and clients) -- on-going contract management
HR and General Business Administration Responsibilities:
- Identify and pursue means to control company costsGenerate financial reports and interact with tax attorneyEnsure company finances are in good order and follow GAAPProvide Support to the Finance Department
- Improve overall business practices
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing recommendationsPrepare and review business presentations as neededKeep corporations obligations in order (e.g., state and federal filings)
- Provide support to the HR Department in the areas of recruiting, on-boarding, compliance, and administration.
- Support for other office locations as needed.
- BBA or MBA in Business Administration or Accounting
- 5+ years experience with business operations or finance
- Demonstrated ability to define and oversee financial processes
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-directed and able to work in a fast moving, startup environment