Caspar.AI is building the homes of the future. Our intelligent operating system connects to IoT devices in the home and using the latest AI and Machine Learning technologies, adapts the home to the resident's preferences. Caspar’s real-time predictive systems deliver the convenience, feeling of security, and savings in time and energy that allows residents to live in a home that works for them.
A sales engineer has the capability and flexibility to serve customers through adapting system features and components to meet requirements, developing concepts for demonstration showrooms, and supporting future deployments through the sales process. Having an attention for detail and a strong systems background is required for this position.
- Identify current and future customer requirements through personal rapport with those in a position to deliver them.
- Provide product, service and engineering information as well as gaining customer acceptance through demonstrations
- Developing and recommending options for engineering, sales and product teams
- Implementing customer trials and custom configurations
- Deploying and running showroom systems as part of the sales process
- Ascertain specific short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed
- Track usage and metrics, ensuring high quality from the end user perspective
- 3+ years sales engineering experience
- Experienced with programming and configuring system components
- Excellent verbal communication skills and technical understanding
- Skilled in analyzing customer needs and collecting requirements
- General programming skills in Python, scripting or other OOP language
- Able to debug system level issues and communicate effectively with other engineers
- Willing and able to travel, sometimes at short notice
- Appetite to learn and desire to improve