Caspar.AI is building the homes of the future. Our intelligent operating system connects to IoT devices in the home and using the latest AI and Machine Learning technologies, adapts the home to the resident's preferences. Caspar’s real-time predictive systems deliver the convenience, feeling of security, and savings in time and energy that allows residents to live in a home that works for them.
A software engineer has the capability and flexibility to work on any part of the system from building user-facing features to backend infrastructure supporting critical user features. Building real-time performant, reliable, and scalable systems are of utmost importance for this position and having a strong systems background is required to meet the high-quality bar for any feature or service that goes into production.
- Own a feature set and/or a backend service, taking it from conception to development to production.
- Maintain features and services and iteratively improve them over time.
- Track usage and metrics, ensuring high quality through test automation
- 2-5+ years Software Engineering experience
- Well versed in Python or any OOP language
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Must be able to debug system level issues in Linux
- Appetite to learn and desire to improve
Caspar's leadership team consists of successful serial entrepreneurs, whose previous companies include Arista Networks (IPO), Zibby, Apstra Networks, iControl Networks (acquired by Comcast). If you would like to learn more about Caspar’s founders please see links below: