A software engineer has the capability and flexibility to work on any part of the system from building user-facing features to backend infrastructure supporting critical user features. Building real-time performant, reliable, and scalable systems are of utmost importance for this position and having a strong systems background is required to meet the high-quality bar for any feature or service that goes into production.
- Own a feature set and/or a backend service, taking it from conception to development to production.
- Maintain features and services and iteratively improve them over time.
- Track usage and metrics, ensuring high quality through test automation
- 2-5+ years Software Engineering experience
- Well versed in Python or any OOP language
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Must be able to debug system level issues in Linux
- Appetite to learn and desire to improve