From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements and more.
Everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.
We recently were joined in our mission by a company from Seville, Geographica, that will now help us grow our Professional Services department, where this position would fit.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced senior iOS engineer who will contribute toward excellence in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
This position can be based out of our Sevilla
offices, but you can also work remotely from any point of Spain, as long as you can travel to one of our offices regularly.
- Actively help to develop a native iOS SDK for an Indoor project that is integrated into an application used by millions of users.
- Design an architecture which could scale up whereas regressions are reduced.
- Enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise mobile solutions - Technical Requirements, Solution Architecture, Methodology.
- Understand various non-functional aspects in mobile application design and provide a solution to optimize performance, scalability etc.
- 4+ year experience in iOS (Swift and Objective C) and the system APIs (required: Foundation, UIKit, CoreLocation, MapKit, Security, GCD)
- Experience in Architectural design patterns (required: MVC) and dependency management (preferred: CocoaPods)
- Experience with Xcode, Apple Developer portal, App Store Connect, TestFlight
- Experience with dependency management Preferred experience with continuous integration and delivery (preferred: Jenkins / TeamCity, fastlane), version control software (preferred: Git), popular 3rd party libraries a plus: Swinject, Realm, PromiseKit, Alamofire, Amplitude, Crashlytics
- Experience with consuming RESTful services, (preferred: building them, OpenAPI)
- Experience building architecture based on project requirements and industry best practices.
- Experience designing and developing mobile SDKs and integrating mobile apps with web-services and external APIs.
- Bonus points for experience with the most famous Maps SDKs (Google Maps, Mapbox, CARTO, etc.)
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Career growth and the chance to learn and use the latest technologies in real projects.
- Flexible hours.
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks and good coffee.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram