From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioral marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Everyone, from business analysts to developers and data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is leading in the Location Intelligence (LI) space.
We are looking for a high-energy, proactive and enthusiastic Sales Development Representative (SDR) to work in our Madrid, Spain office. As an SDR, you will focus on cultivating and qualifying leads for our sales team. You will be a part of a winning team that generates revenue through pipeline development, fosters relationships and analyzes customer needs to uncover business challenges - identifying where CARTO can bring most value.
As an SDR, you will:
- Research and prospect our potential customers.
- Cultivate the pipeline by acting on inbound leads.
- Conducting outbound calls to target buyer personas in our main verticals.
- Convey to our customers the value of CARTO for their businesses.
- Evaluate each prospect’s business goals, and track what you learn in Salesforce, our CRM system.
- Schedule demonstrations with qualified leads, feeding the rest of the Sales Team with high-quality meetings.
- Cooperate with sales management to determine strategic approaches for sales.
- Serve as the link between sales and marketing, building greater interest and commercial need in marketing-sourced as well as self-sourced leads before passing them to sales.
- Driven, eager to learn, and desire to pursue a career in technology or SaaS sales.
- Minimum 1 year of business experience, preferably in a commercial and results-oriented environment.
- Prior lead generation experience or cold-calling experience a plus.
- The ambition, focus and persistence to perfect your approach over time.
- A strong interest in sales, a keen intellect and curiosity, and strong attention to detail.
- A strong interest in learning consultative sales. We do our homework and approach contacts with a charming persistence that builds relationships right.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (fluency in German will be highly valued).
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table and cinema :)
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram