CARTO empowers everyone, from Business Analysts to Data Scientists, to turn location data into business outcomes. Our SaaS platform offers spatial insights on where things happen, why they happen, and predicts what will happen in the future. We use location intelligence (LI) to accelerate innovation, find efficiencies, power new use cases, and disrupt traditional business models.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and client-minded On-Premises Support Engineer, to focus on helping our customers around the world to make the most out of their CARTO private deployments, so they can leverage location intelligence techniques to solve their problems.
You understand customer needs, anticipate their pain, advocate internally for solutions, and communicate effectively to provide the best possible customer experience.
This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain
office. While regular travel is not expected for the role, we offer opportunities to travel to customer sites and/or events.
About the team
CARTO’s Support Team, part of the Solutions Department, is a group of world class geospatial experts, cartographers, and application architecture & development advisors. Our Support Team is responsible for training, advising, and otherwise supporting our customers across the globe. The Team guides and supports customers from the moment they begin their journey with CARTO, and continues with them every step of their roadmap.
What you’ll do:
- Deploy, configure and provide technical support for the CARTO on-premises stack; in collaboration with our Engineering and Sales teams
- Provide guidance and best practice advice while answering product -and developer- oriented questions about CARTO’s technology and offerings.
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of critical improvements to our commercial on-premise offering.
- Work closely with our Sales organization, helping them to scope and qualify deals involving complex technical solutions.
- Help us grow our Help Center and Developer Center by contributing content and documentation.
- Participate in training sessions for clients and partners.
What you offer:
- Collaborative, problem-solving oriented and client-focused mindset
- Experience with Linux systems administration tools
- You are calm and cool under pressure, and can manage customer expectations and escalations
- Ability to learn quickly and on your own
- Comfortable working with distributed teams and across time zones
- Experience with web application debugging
- Familiarity with geospatial topics:
- Thematic mapping techniques
- Standard protocols and formats
- Data Science and visualization
- GitHub experience (using Issues, Pull Requests, etc.)
- General Python or R scripting experience
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Remote friendly
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table and cinema :)
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram