Would you like to dive into the world of spatial data and help data scientists, developers, and customers understand how to leverage their data through design?
Location-based data is exploding, and here at CARTO
we aim to empower organizations and individuals to discover and predict key insights hidden in their location data
and then distribute those insights in the form of maps and apps.
Founded in 2012, CARTO is backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures and is poised to dominate the Location Intelligence space. We currently have a distributed team of +140 people with offices in Madrid, New York, Washington DC and Sevilla.
At CARTO we are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer with the experience and desire to be part of the Design team and help us with the new challenges. We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, and simple solutions.
Who are we?
The CARTO Design is a small team of multidisciplinary designers that work with the entire company to define the function and form of our products. We tackle diverse projects like:
- Help Product and Tech to define complex digital products like CARTOframes and design them from scratch.
- Transform our public website to align it with our marketing needs. For example, we recently redesigned our Platform pages or created a new Individual plan flow from scratch.
- Map user workflows and service blueprints to help the team align and find new opportunities coming from user research.
- Design conference booths, flyers, video bumpers, or anything needed for our very own Spatial Data Science Conference or any of the many events we organize and attend during the year.
- Collaborate with the Front-end team to build our Dashboard, where customers manage their data, maps, and settings.
- Talk with data scientists, developers, customers, and GIS experts to gain insights about our platform and design more meaningful products.
- Work closely with the Response Team to solve last-mile issues affecting our customers.
We have more interesting challenges ahead, so we are looking to grow and hire new designers that shake and add to our team. Currently, the team is formed by:
- Aroa is one of our incredible UX Designer, graduated in Philosophy. Like a good philosopher, she is thorough and tries to go beyond the obvious. She works to assess and understand how people use our platform, doing research and interviews, to find the best solution. Former freelancer, Margin & Padding. Also, she is a professional fitting blocks in Tetris.
- Alberto is responsible for all the code that comes out from the design team. He builds the interfaces designed by the team and adds his technical know-how to improve our design processes. Former Disney employee, he lived in 4 different countries in the last few years. If you need a Korean food recommendation, he is your man.
- Mireya has this fabulous mix of interaction and visual capabilities. She is as capable of designing all the graphic & video materials for most CARTO events, as well as end-to-end workflows. Former designer at MedLab, Rastreator, and iD3 Design in Ireland. She is passionate about cinema and acting. She has her own urban mini-garden!
- Juanma focuses his work on visual design, building and iterating most of our design libraries, works on projects from end-to-end, and reviews most of the design that comes out from CARTO. Former designer at Tuenti, The Cocktail and ZED, he loves motorbikes and is our own Norman Reedus.
Would you like to...?
- Work with the Product team to implement intuitive experiences that are cohesive and inclusive.
- Help to define the user experience of the CARTO platform. From design research to customer flows and quick prototypes to validating design solutions.
- Assist the marketing team in materials and resources by providing strategic and creative solutions. Ah! And some events.
- Use, assess, and redefine UI patterns: color, typography, iconography, illustrations, micro-interactions, etc.
- Coordinate projects from initial requirements to a concept, interaction design, visual design, and development.
- Work autonomously, act as a mentor for other designers and make the team grow. Take ownership of your work and effectively manage priorities.
We would like you to be...
- A Senior UX/UI designer with more than 6 years of experience in digital projects.
- Proactive and capable of contributing with creative ideas.
- A good team-player.
- Responsible for designing concepts and taking a leadership role in projects.
- Perfect English and Spanish.
- Proficient in digital design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe package (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign...).
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing complex user workflows for integrated systems, information architecture, graphic/visual design, usability research/analysis.
- Experience helping designers grow.
Would you like to join...?
- Access to our employee stock options plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid.
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, a self-built arcade, and cinema :)
- This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain office.
- We are open to remote work but we prefer someone coming from time to time to the office.