From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements and more.
Everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.
We’re looking for an eager to learn IT Engineer to ensure that our team can work effectively and securely, and to implement the systems, tools, and policies we will need.
- Develop, coordinate, and lead IT projects, in our Madrid, Sevilla, DC, and New York City offices.
- Manage relevant vendor relationships, ensuring we’re receiving good value and making the most of our investments.
- Support our other team members in their use of hardware, software, and shared resources.
- Develop and implement security training programs to increase technical awareness and avoid leaks in our internal infrastructure. This includes proactively assessing and documenting current security risks, proposing mitigation plans, and executing on them.
- Experience in audiovisual management as sound equipment, microphones, webcams.
- Track and manage issues proactively, creating proposals for larger projects, seeking input as needed, and providing a stable, secure, helpful IT backbone for our company.
- Maintain our local server, network, and telephone infrastructure.
- Fluid communication skills, in both Spanish and English, and a ‘can do’ attitude. You enjoy working with both non-technical users and experienced developers and can adjust messaging and communication styles as necessary for each audience.
- You have a knack for understanding even the most technical details and can synthesize these complex technical issues into high-level summaries for key stakeholders.
- Balance. Your approach will ensure we protect sensitive systems while maintaining a nimble work environment.
- Organized thinking and detailed oriented. You value order and process, but understand the importance of progress and iteration.
- You plan, research, test, and deploy in an organized way, while documenting all the key details.
- Knowledge of relevant technologies, including:
- Google Suite administration, including email server and security
- Operating systems:, Linux, and MacOS
- Scripting languages (such as python, bash..)
- Enterprise security tools, such as firewalls, VPNs, device protection, and monitoring
- Business infrastructure such as networking hardware and VOIP phones.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table and cinema :)
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram