CARTO empowers everyone, from Business Analysts to Data Scientists, to turn location data into business outcomes. Our SaaS platform offers spatial insights on where things happen, why they happen, and predicts what will happen in the future. We use location intelligence (LI) to accelerate innovation, find efficiencies, power new use cases, and disrupt traditional business models.
We are looking for an experienced individual with a deep passion for solving problems to lead our world-class Support Team. Your mission is to make sure the team strives for technical excellence, we are delivering value in every touch with a customer, and the team sees the strategic value they are providing as aligned with company goals. For that, the team will need to feel challenged, motivated, united and happy. You will lead them both from a technical and personal growth point of view.
This position can be based out of our Sevilla
offices, but you can also work remotely from any part of Spain, as long as you can travel to one of our offices regularly.
About the team
CARTO’s Support Team, part of the Solutions Department, is a group of world class geospatial experts, cartographers, and application architecture & development advisors. Our Support Team is responsible for training, advising, and otherwise supporting our customers across the globe. The Team guides and supports customers from the moment they begin their journey with CARTO, and continues with them every step of their roadmap.
The Customer Support Manager will lead and manage a team of highly motivated and talented Customer Support Engineers; ensuring their success and that of CARTO’s customers.
- You have a curiosity and excitement for problem solving
- You are calm and cool under pressure, and can manage customer expectations and escalations
- Bring energy and genuine interest in mentoring and guiding members of your team, and can establish opportunities for the team to acquire new skills and grow
- Proven track record of communicating complex technical and business requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of an organization
- Strong knowledge of geospatial analysis, spatial data, and open source software
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed to work with the Team and meet with customers
What you will do
- Mentor and lead CARTO’s Customer Success Team, and ensure the continued growth of the members of the team as well as the team as a whole
- Serve as a point of escalation for complex technical problems or customer issues
- Serve as first-line technical advisor to Support Team
- Drive improvements in response times and customer satisfaction across the Support Team
- Develop and improve our Support processes, policies, and team culture
- Work closely with leaders across the Solutions Department and in other departments to identify, create, and drive new offerings for our customers to ensure they continue to grow in their journey with CARTO
- Work closely with Engineering and Product leads to streamline communication, customer feedback, and coordination
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Bright, comfortable offices stocked with snacks and good coffee
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram