From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements and more.
Everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.
We’re looking for an experienced individual who will use data science to build an internal information management system and play a critical role in analyzing and understanding key business metrics, helping management make informed decisions. You will be responsible for leading internal projects related to data analysis and will work together closely with the finance, marketing, sales, revenue operations, and product and technology departments at CARTO.
This position is based in our Madrid, Spain office.
- Perform cross-functional coordination to detect and control the key metrics that may lead to enhanced data visibility and facilitate the business decision-making processes
- Set, manage, and analyze the company’s main KPIs and OKRs
- Manage and document segmentation model, CAC, and CLV metrics and reporting
- Detect business opportunities and lead data product development that leverages business data to increase engagement and profitability, and reduce churn
- Collaborate with the Data Science department to develop churn forecasting modeling
- Ensure financial data quality and accuracy across financial systems, including recurring reconciliations
- Establish an analytics framework that will provide company-wide dashboards with real-time information to monitor day-to-day activities
- Provide marketing support to measure campaign impact
- Collaborate with product department to identify patterns in user/customer usage and behaviors
- A genuine interest in business metrics, SaaS, and data visualization solutions
- A technical academic background, preferably in computer science, mathematics and/or physics
- Good command and proven experience (min. 2 years) with business analysis tasks like reporting, analysis and reconciliation, preferably in SaaS metrics
- Experience working with API integrations, including OAuth authorization
- Proven experience (min. 3 years) building information systems using Python and SQL
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with other departments, promoting analytics-related good practices and leading internal projects related to data culture
- Experience building predictive data models
- High level of autonomy at work
- Ability to learn quickly and provide detailed solutions to prospects and clients
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A self-starter attitude with excellent time-management skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Most of all, you must be data driven, smart, and eager to learn!
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table and cinema :)
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram