CARTO is making a huge impact on some of the most important global corporations (Mastercard, T-Mobile, Google, Vodafone) developing custom solutions on top of its powerful geospatial platform.
We are looking to incorporate to our Solutions Team a creative professional with a technical background who can work defining and scoping the customer’s needs.
Do you have a passion for solving the most cutting-edge customer problems with data and analytics? Do you love maps and geospatial apps? Do you want to be part of a high performing team at a rapidly growing tech company with an awesome culture? Do you have expertise and demonstrated success dimensioning and defining geospatial solutions? If so we want to talk to you!
CARTO is the global leading platform for analyzing location data, and putting it in the hands of both data scientists and business users to help them make decisions, solve problems, and improve their business. From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. Everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the location intelligence (LI) space.
This position is based in our Sevilla office, although we accept candidates working remotely.
- Work with an experienced team to build cutting-edge backend systems that feed beautiful maps and meaningful geospatial apps.
- Research, arrange and aggregate terabytes of data to get the most accurate insights for CARTO customers. Don't count data, make data count.
- You will learn everything there is to know about mapping technology and how companies around the world are using CARTO to gain insights through location and predictive analysis.
- Be required to come to Sevilla from time to time if you work remotely.
- You will work on improving and automating the current Data release process, as well as on revamping the ETL process to make it easy for partners and customers to contribute new sources of data.
- Become a tech leader, who will be a referent for the rest of the team.
- A human being with an insatiable thirst for learning.
- Quick to grasp new concepts and quick to take on new challenges.
- Experienced building applications with Python and familiar with Python modules.
- Experience designing REST APIs using technologies like AIOHTTP or Flask.
- Ideally, experienced with large software applications of either very high demand or with very large databases.
- Someone who has enjoyed working with various databases and has solid SQL foundations.
- Desirably, also familiar with Postgresql and PL/Python.
- Mature in your approach to software development, in how you test, fine tune, and document when required.
- A skilled communicator, and fluent in English.
- Willing to contribute to our culture of openness, constant feedback, and iterative improvement.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Private medical insurance and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work oriented work environment.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Provide us your resume and explain your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).
Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers