CARTO is making a huge impact on some of the most important global corporations (Mastercard, T-Mobile, Google, Vodafone) developing custom solutions, analysis, and tools on our best in class geospatial platform. We are looking add a talented Solutions Engineer to our Solutions Team who has the creative and technical background professional to work with our customer’s to help them solve complex problems with geospatial data and technology.
Do you have a passion for solving complex problems with data and analytics? Do you love maps and geospatial apps? Do you want to be part of a high performing team at a rapidly growing tech company with an awesome culture? Do you have expertise and demonstrated success dimensioning and defining geospatial solutions? If so we want to talk to you!
CARTO is the leading platform for analyzing location data, and putting it in the hands of both data scientists and business users to help them make decisions, solve problems, and improve their business. Everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the location intelligence (LI) space.
This position is based in our New York City office.
- Work directly with our customers and the go-to-market team, directly solving customer challenges with geospatial data and analysis, and ultimately delivering a proposed solution to the customer
- Be an expert consultant in geospatial analysis and tools and the CARTO technical stack both from a high level and hands-on perspective
- Be creative in solving customer problems and find new ways to solve old challenges
- Understand what a customer wants to accomplish and how that will be transformed into a solution that can be solved using geospatial data
- Transform those requirements into a functional technical scope so the go-to-market team can prepare a complete offer for the customer
- Help the sales team describing the proposed solution in the proposal
- Work hard and have fun!
- 3 or more years of expertise in GIS consultancy using any mix of geospatial technology and tools
- Strong GIS technology knowledge, ideally with CARTO and PostGIS!
- A collaborative work style that can thrive in a flexible, fluid operating environment
- A positive mindset. You’re motivated with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth. You run quickly with little supervision
- Most of all, you are optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to learn!
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Private medical insurance and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work oriented work environment.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category-defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Provide us your resume and explain your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).