Are you passionate about solving problems and creating solutions? Do you combine technical skills and experience working with enterprise customers?
CARTO leads the world of location intelligence, empowering organizations to discover insights hidden in their location data and turn them into business impact. Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures, CARTO is transforming the location intelligence space. Our incredible team works from offices in New York, Madrid, Washington DC, and beyond.
We are looking for a technical and growth-focused Customer Success Manager (CSM) to work with CARTO’s most strategic customers to use location intelligence to solve their high-impact business needs. Our Customer Success Team ensures clients adopt and see value with CARTO – helping solve business problems with our technology, managing accounts, and ensuring that customers love CARTO.
What you will achieve:
- Manage onboarding of enterprise customers and provide hands-on technical work (for example, with data, geospatial analysis, our APIs) so our technology helps solve their business needs. There is technical work involved in this aspect of the role.
- Maintain high levels of engagement to ensure customers see value from insights, increase adoption, and uncover new uses for CARTO’s location intelligence tools.
- Identify opportunities for expansion and be a source of intelligence interfacing with Product and other teams to drive evolution of our products and new solutions.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with our most strategic enterprise customers across different verticals -- engaging to deeply understand their business needs and goals with CARTO.
What you need to thrive:
Our CSMs need to be able to help our customers with technical work (for example, with SQL) and manage enterprise accounts working with senior business managers at large, complex companies.
For this, successful CSMs have:
- 3+ years of enterprise customer-facing customer success, technical account management, or strategic consulting, with a strong technical foundation and business savvy.
- Technical knowledge of Geo world and tools is desired, though not required.
- The skills to lead technical conversations. The skills to use data, CARTO products, and your technical skills to develop proofs-of-concept and advise on solutions.
- Experience handling complex enterprise organizations and solving difficult problems.
- Proven ability to develop successful collaborations, trust, and communications with executive leadership, technical and sales teams, along with technical users of the software.
- Curiosity and a passion for serving customers. Ability to be diplomatic, empathetic, poised, and action oriented when working with customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bonus points for experience with: Analytics, BI tools, ETL tools, and enterprise SaaS startups.
What we offer:
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental and vision coverage, generous (really!) time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company.
- Fun stuff like: annual, all-company offsite (traditionally held in Spain) and community activities.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Provide us your resume and a letter explaining your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.