From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns spatial data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Data Scientists, Developers and Analysts solve spatial problems using CARTO’s data and analysis to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes through the power of Spatial Data Science.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is leading in the Location Intelligence space.
To continue our growth and further position our brand, we are looking for a high-energy, creative and curious Marketing Intern who wants to relish the opportunity to learn from a talented team of product gurus, demand gen wizards and content crafters.
This is a 3 month placement with no guarantee of a full-time role after. However, several successful interns in the past have been made offers for full-time positions. This is the perfect opportunity for a student or recent graduate to have a leading, global SaaS company on their resumé and work in a team of fun, smart and driven individuals.
- Support our SEO team: using our CMS, you’ll work alongside our SEO expert to modify website content, providing new ideas on things we could do to further position our brand.
- Social media content creation: using Hubspot and Sketch, you’ll work with our content team to prepare copies and imagery that support our campaigns across Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram - speaking with people from across the business to get new ideas.
- Email marketing: you’ll learn all about how to craft email marketing campaigns, using Hubspot to segment and target audiences to get the best open rates out there.
- Events and operations: you’ll support key events in both Europe and North America, helping to ensure we maximize the number of prospects attending events and run everything as smoothly as possible.
- Thirsty to learn: you’re passionate about learning new things and curious to learn new marketing skills and techniques.
- You have a bias for action: you get a buzz out of crossing things off your to-do list, oozing productivity.
- Attention to detail: when you see the wrong fonts or colours on a web page or sales deck you get into a nervous sweat.
- Enthusiastic: you’re upbeat and ready to learn as much as possible during this placement. You don’t get bored by some of the more mundane tasks that work sometimes throws at us.
- Internationally minded: you love working with people in multiple countries around the world.
- No formal experience needed. You just want a first experience of the world of marketing and tech.
- The possibility to sign an agreement (convenio) with your educational institution.
- Some proof that during your studies you’ve shown an interest in marketing and communication (e.g. blogging, online courses, part-time jobs).
- Native-level speaker of English. It doesn’t matter if you don’t speak Spanish - but if you do that’s great!
- Experience using digital platforms or software.
Bonus points for:
- Experience using a content management system (e.g. Wordpress, Contentful, Joomla).
- Experience using design software (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut or iMovie).
- Knowledge of SEO techniques.
- Mentoring from some of the leading B2B marketers in Spain.
- 800 euros per month.
- Monthly team lunches with external speakers coming in to share their knowledge!
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
- For the right candidate we could consider this internship being combined with studies, as we’re open to flexible working hours.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.