From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioral marketing, strategic store placements and more.
Everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.
For some months now, we have been facing a great technological challenge by being involved in the most complicated mobility and indoor projects by far. We're pushing technology to the limit. That’s why we are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced senior Android engineer who will contribute toward excellence in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
The position, preferably, will be for our Seville
office, where our Professional Services team is located. However, some remote work is allowed.
- Be part of the development of the Android SDK native to an Indoor project that is integrated into an application of millions of users.
- Design an architecture that could scale up whereas regressions are reduced.
- Enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise mobile solutions - Technical Requirements, Solution Architecture, Methodology.
- Understand various non-functional aspects in mobile application design and provide a solution to optimize performance, scalability etc.
- 3yrs+ experience in Android native development.
- Strong understanding of Java/Kotlin and Android concepts, necessary for troubleshooting.
- Experience building architecture based on project requirements and industry best practices.
- Strong understanding of dependency management, dependency-injection, and inversion of control.
- Strong understanding of layer separation and implementation of patterns like MVP/MVVM/Architecture Components.
- Experience designing and developing mobile SDKs and integrating mobile apps with web-services and external APIs.
- Any experience with the most famous Maps SDKs (Google Maps, Mapbox, CARTO, etc.)
- Competitive, results-based compensation, that would be in a range around 30-35k / year
- Career growth and the chance to learn and use the latest technologies in real projects.
- Flexible hours with remoting possibilities.
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks and good coffee.
- Flexible Spending plan, in which you would have the option to contribute part of your net salary towards some spendings and get some benefits from it.
- English lessons at the office.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram