CARTO is changing the way some of the world’s biggest companies (Mastercard, T-Mobile, Google, Twitter) analyze their spatial data and is now looking for an ambitious, creative and tech-savvy sales professional to play a key role in leading the EMEA sales team to further success, working to nurture and expand existing accounts as well as acquiring new ones
Do you have a passion for solving the most challenging customer problems with types of data? Are you intrigued by the future of spatial analysis? Do you want to be part of a high performing team at a rapidly growing tech company with an awesome culture? Do you have expertise and demonstrated success selling software for analytics, BI, data science, or GIS? If so we want to talk to you!
Although you will spend a considerable amount of time visiting customers, prospects and partners around the UK and the rest of Europe - you will have access to work at Geovation
, a hub for geospatial companies in Barbican area. This is a great space to interact with the community, host client meetings and spend time with CARTO co-workers who are also based in London / visiting the UK.
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way we run businesses. Everything happens somewhere, but visualizing data to see where things are isn’t the same as understanding why they happen there. CARTO is the world’s leading Location Intelligence platform, enabling organizations to use spatial data and analysis for more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Data Scientists, Developers and Analysts use CARTO to optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes through the power of Spatial Data Science.
Backed by leading VC firms like Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures and Earlybird Ventures, CARTO was founded in 2012 by an environmental scientist and visualization experts. Headquartered in New York City with offices in Madrid, Seville and Washington DC, CARTO has a team of 150 employees, a portfolio of 1,200 customers including Vodafone, Mastercard, BCG, New York City, and Google, and more than 350,000 users around the globe. CARTO has regularly been recognized by Gartner and Forrester for its innovation in the Location Intelligence space.
- Be a highly motivated seller who is eager to lead the expansion of our customer base in EMEA and Rest of World accounts, especially in the UK & Nordic markets
- Work with leading companies in EMEA (such as Vodafone, JLL and some of the largest management consulting firms) to develop a deep understanding of their needs and match them to the CARTO value proposition
- Meet and exceed direct sales goals
- Work hard and have fun!
- 5+ years of successful selling in software sales or business development capacity, preferably in the data science, BI, geospatial and analytics space
- Experience achieving or exceeding quota in closing complex deals (> €50k ASP).
- Experience working on creative, solution-oriented sales and business development activities
- A collaborative work style that can thrive in a flexible, fluid operating environment
- A positive mindset. You’re self- motivated with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth. Most important, you are able to run quickly with little supervision
- Most of all, you are optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to learn! (and able to sell)
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Excellent benefits, generous (really) time off, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multi-cultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work oriented work environment.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category-defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Provide us your resume and explain your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).