CARTO leads the world of location intelligence, empowering any organization or individual to discover and predict key insights hidden in their location data and then distribute those insights in the form of location intelligence apps. Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures, CARTO is poised to dominate the location intelligence space.
This position is based out of our Sevilla, Spain office, but you can also work remotely.
We are looking for an experienced Python developer and Open Data enthusiast who is excited about empowering map creators out there to enrich their own data with open data through CARTO. Your work will contribute directly to CARTO's open source stack, and you’ll be a full member of our engineering team.
- Work with an experienced team to build cutting-edge backend systems that feed beautiful maps and meaningful geospatial apps.
- Research, arrange and aggregate terabytes of data to get the most accurate insights for CARTO customers. Don't count data, make data count.
- You will learn everything there is to know about mapping technology and how companies around the world are using CARTO to gain insights through location and predictive analysis.
- Be required to come to Sevilla from time to time if you work remotely.
- You will work on improving and automating the current Data release process, as well as on revamping the ETL process to make it easy for partners and customers to contribute new sources of data.
You are (at least a bit) like what we describe below
- A human being with an insatiable thirst for learning.
- Quick to grasp new concepts and quick to take on new challenges.
- Experienced building applications with Python and familiar with Python modules.
- Experience designing REST APIs using technologies like AIOHTTP or Flask.
- Ideally, experienced with large software applications of either very high demand or with very large databases.
- Someone who has enjoyed working with various databases and has solid SQL foundations.
- Desirably, also familiar with Postgresql and PL/Python.
- Mature in your approach to software development, in how you test, fine tune, and document when required.
- A skilled communicator, in writing or verbally, and fluent in English.
- Willing to contribute to our culture of openness, constant feedback, and iterative improvement.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment in Sevilla.
- A bright, comfortable office stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table.
At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram