CARTO leads the world in Location Intelligence (LI), empowering organizations to discover insights hidden in their location data and turn them into business impact. We use LI to accelerate innovation, find efficiencies, and disrupt traditional business models. We are the leading geospatial platform where you can solve spatial problems with the best data and analysis.
CARTO is working today with top enterprise companies to improve their efficiency through data analysis. Customers like DPD, EDP, Mastercard, Telefónica, and Vodafone (among others) trust CARTO and use our software to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes. We empower data scientists worldwide by helping them to create their advanced spatial models.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and client-minded Support Engineer to help keep our customers and partners happy and engaged, and to help grow their use of location intelligence to solve problems. You understand customer needs, anticipate their pain, advocate internally for solutions, and communicate effectively to provide the best possible customer experience.
This position is based out of our New York office, but you can also work remotely. While regular travel is not expected for the role, some travel to customer sites and/or events is required.
What you’ll do:
- Provide guidance and best practice advice while answering product- and developer- oriented questions about CARTO’s technology and offerings
- Collaborate closely with our Engineering Team on priority issues and acceptance testing; be part of the release process.
- Help us grow our Help Center and Developer Center documentation by contributing content
- Participate in training sessions for clients and partners
- Collaborative and client-focused mindset
- Ability to learn quickly and on your own
- Comfortable working with distributed teams and across time zones
- Interest in technology and the cloud geospatial industry
- Familiarity with geospatial topics:
- Thematic mapping techniques
- Commonly used services, libraries and formats
- Data visualization and science
- Beginner-level of:
- Geospatial SQL (preferably with PostGIS)
- Web application debugging
- Using a terminal to check server logs or running a script
Desirable, but not required:
- CARTO stack experience/knowledge
- Experience working with big datasets and ETL tasks
- Basic Systems Administration experience
- GitHub experience (using Issues, Pull Requests, etc.)
- Geospatial Python or R scripting experience
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees
- Generous—really generous—time off, 401k with match, and stock options
- Flexible work hours
- Comfortable offices, stocked with snacks, good coffee
About the team
CARTO’s Support Team, part of the Solutions Team, is a group of world class geospatial experts, cartographers, application architecture and development advisors. Our Support Team is responsible for training, advising, and otherwise supporting our customers across the globe. The Team guides and supports customers from the moment they begin their journey with CARTO, and continues with them through every step of their roadmap.
Do you feel that you don't meet all the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram