Are you passionate, organized, and energetically curious to work with customers in different industries using data and analytics in new ways to have business impact?
CARTO leads the world of location intelligence, empowering organizations to discover insights hidden in their location data and turn them into business impact. We have a wide array of customers, ranging from retail giants and healthcare providers to government agencies and startups. Everyone from business analysts to data scientists use our software to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures, CARTO is transforming the location intelligence space. Our incredible team works from offices in New York, Madrid, Washington DC, and beyond.
We are looking for a highly organized, growth-focused, and results-driven Renewal Account Manager for North America. In this role, you will focus on customer retention to secure renewal of existing business and partner with our Customer Success Managers and Account Executives to generate new growth and revenue in existing accounts.
This position is based in our Arlington, VA office. Some travel is required.
What you will achieve:
- Manage post-sale relationship of enterprise customers to ensure success with CARTO and a growing long-term relationship -- with particular emphasis on the renewal cycle.
- Educate and engage key contacts at the customer to ensure the customer is getting maximum value from their relationship with CARTO.
- Establish a regular cadence of engagement with customers and be highly organized and focused to keep process on track for 100% on-time renewals with growth.
- While managing a large portfolio of customers, develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders -- and be a key source of news about new products and capabilities of CARTO’s technologies.
- Forecast and track key account metrics.
- Provide feedback to our Product and other teams to help inform future directions in our product development.
What you need to thrive:
- 3+ years of experience in a software sales capacity with a SaaS provider, preferably focused on the data analytics or geospatial space, preferably focusing in inside sales and renewals.
- Combination of a sharp, analytical mind, business savvy, and a track record of building strong relationships with clients. You are detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, plan, and execute the range of key activities.
- Collaborative mindset and eagerness to thrive in a flexible, fluid operating environment
- Persistence -- in getting renewals done and uncovering business needs of key clients.
- Top-notch communication skills in English, with ability to convey the value of CARTO to our clients.
- Most of all, you are optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to learn!
What we offer:
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental and vision coverage, generous (really!) time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company.
- Fun stuff like: annual, all-company offsite (traditionally held in Spain) and community activities.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability drive this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).