From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioural marketing, strategic store placements and more.
Everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is poised to lead the LI space.
We are looking for a talented and customer-focused Product Manager to lead our Data Area, driving various product initiatives in Europe and North America and further improving our customer experience.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work.
This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain office, but you can also work remotely, as long as you live in Spain and have availability to travel. Our team is very diverse and it’s scattered across Spain and the US.
- Discover, understand, document, analyze and translate user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications, working closely with customers and stakeholders from different teams: Data Science, Product Marketing, Sales and Customer Success, Analytics.
- Manage and coordinate ongoing initiatives, collaborating with Engineering and Design teams to prototype, validate, coordinate, and iterate or ship new products.
- Communicate the work that the Product teams does, both internally and externally, together with the Product Marketing team.
- Understand the geospatial industry and the industries where CARTO is used most, defining a competitive position and working cross-functionally to build and launch a business plan and go-to-market strategy.
- Measure and track the performance of ongoing initiatives, defining, implementing and tracking the right set of metrics.
You will have the opportunity to develop and progress within a dynamic and high-growth industry.
- You bring along 2+ years in product management
- You are a self-starter and have the leadership skills required to guide a team and make the dream work.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- You are happy and able to work in a distributed team throughout the world
- Experience with data products
- Familiarity with geospatial and SaaS products
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience in customer experience, solutions architecture, or pre-sales engineering
- You have a strong sense of empathy for users.
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Access to our employee stock options plan.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid.
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table and cinema :)
Provide us your resume and a letter explaining your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog
or follow us on Twitter
(@carto) or Instagram