From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioral marketing, strategic store placements, and much more.
Everyone, from business analysts to developers and data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is leading in the Location Intelligence (LI) space.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a high-energy, creative and curious Sales Development Representative for our New York office. As a Sales Development Representative, you will focus on cultivating and qualifying leads. You will be a part of the winning team that generates revenue through pipeline development, fosters relationships and analyzes customer needs to uncover business challenges.
As an SDR, you will:
• Work in a close-knit team environment to develop and accomplish a lead generation plan that meets or exceeds quota targets.
• Cultivate the pipeline by acting on inbound leads and conducting outbound calls.
• Research and prospect to make outbound cold calls to prospective customers.
• Understand and articulate CARTO’s product portfolio to our customers.
• Appropriately qualify all leads and establish an action plan.
• Participate in sales bootcamp, 1:1 training sessions, team meetings, skill building and professional development classes.
• Capture accurate and complete information in Salesforce.
• Cooperate with sales management to determine strategic approaches for sales.
• Maintain and expand the database of prospects for the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Driven, eager to learn, and desire to pursue a career in IT or SaaS sales
• Minimum 1-2 years business experience, preferably in a results-oriented sales environment.
• Prior lead generation experience or cold-calling experience a plus.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees.
- Generous—really generous—time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Provide us your resume and a letter explaining your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).