Sr. Database Administrator (SQL, MySQL)
CareerKarma360 is a full circle corporate recruiting partner and Career Coaching company. Our clients (employers) view us as an extension of their recruiting team. Oh, and some think of us as life savors, when we find and fill their open positions with job seekers just like you!
Our Candidates (that's you) think of us as a leader in Career Coaching and Talent Acquisition. If you have ever considered Career Coaching we hope you will consider us. Ok, and when we find you your next best job ever, you can call us Hero's!
Our client is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join a new team building the core on our next generation platform. This is a full-time salaried position with excellent benefits.
Our client has a fun jeans and t-shirt environment, geek desks, MacBook’s, cinema displays and a top to the bottom collaborative environment. They are located in South Jordan, Utah and have easy access to I-15, Trax, and Frontrunner.
There are several restaurants within walking distance as well as a gym. If you know Databases and you're looking for a challenging career with a creative outlet, then apply now!
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
A day in the life:
- Database Administration and Monitoring
- Creates standards and executes processes for Installing, Configuring, Securing, and Monitoring Microsoft SQL Server in a high-availability environment
- Owns and solves performance issues of database applications by implementing changes to database objects and/or working with developers/vendors on application tuning effort
- Assists in troubleshooting, performance tuning and general problem solving of SQL environment- patching servers
What they are looking for:
- Installing/administering clustered MSSQL v2012+ instances
- Installing/administering clustered MySQL v5.x+ instances
- Architecting with dimensional, relational, star, and document modeling
- Solid understanding of different Database Models
- Performance tuning
- Backup and recovery
- ETL processes and Reporting
- 8+ years database administration experience
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, Engineering or similar)
- Experience migrating from MS SQL Server to MySQL environment
- 5+ years experience configuring and administering in production one or more of the following: MSSQL, MySQL,
- ElasticSearch, MongoDB (more is better)
- ETL processes
Not required but would love to see:
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB, neo4j or similar
- Health care systems Industry experience is a plus
- Docker (especially containerization of databases)
- WAN database clusters
- Amazing medical, dental, vision plans – with little or no cost to you
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 10 Company Paid Holidays per year
- Short-Term and Long-term Disability & company paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with generous Company Match (100% vesting from day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
If this position sounds good to you please apply. If you have additional questions, please email us at email@example.com. Once we review your resume we will let you know all about our client and the great company you are applying to. We may also surprise you with additional positions to consider.