CareerKarma360 is a full circle corporate recruiting partner and Career Coaching company. Our clients (employers) view us as an extension of their recruiting team. Oh, and some think of us as life savors, when we find and fill their open positions with job seekers just like you!
Our Candidates (that's you) think of us as a leader in Career Coaching and Talent Acquisition. If you have ever considered Career Coaching we hope you will consider us. Ok, and when we find you your next best job ever, you can call us Hero's!
Our client is looking for a Project Manager in commercial construction. They are a company based on integrity, with high standards and they seek employees of the same caliber. Our client works with the best, employs the best, and builds world class structures.
They are known for projects such as; hospitals/healthcare, large retail, hospitality venues, office buildings, warehouse and distribution center for the likes of Amazon.
As their new Project Manager you would be responsible for the overall planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects.
The Project Manager may be assigned responsibility for one or more projects at a time and may travel to and from each project. There is a need for a Project Manager for Spoken WA (and UT, CA, AZ, ID, SD).
As a Project Manager you may reside on the West coast and have a housing and travel budget when required to travel fo assignments. A travel budget will be discussed and set before an offer is made. Housing and transportation is provided at the work sites.
The kind of Project Manager our client is looking for must maximizes project profitability and promote the companies values at all times. Of course also meeting or exceeding objectives and goals. The Project manager will achieve all quality and safety standards and meets company expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in the preparation of estimates for the project.
2. Prepares project budgets and unit cost reports.
3. Leads the project team in preparing the project management plan (PMP). On site and travel is required.
4. Participates in value engineering services as appropriate.
5. Organizes and conducts pre-award and pre-construction meetings.
6. Participates in the negotiation and preparation of project subcontracts.
7. Participates in obtaining permits and resolving other regulatory requirements as necessary.
8. Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary to successfully complete the project in concert with the project superintendent.
9. Obtains plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency.
10. Assists business development personnel as requested.
11. Plans the successful execution of the construction contract.
12. Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the project's budget constraints and consistent with the project
13. delivery schedule.
14. Develops and monitors project quality, safety, and risk management plans.
15. Monitors the project site for cost, safety, quality, and schedule performance with the project superintendent.
16. Evaluates the schedule as necessary to meet milestones and financial goals.
17. Negotiates owner and subcontractor change orders and manages the resulting cost and profit impact.
18. Develops the monthly client pay requests and follows up on collection
19. Controls the payment of job costs based on document review and approval. Coordinates with the job cost accountant for payments and lien releases.
20. Participates in monthly job cost reviews to declare project status.
21. Attends and documents owner and other coordination meetings.
22. Coordinates all final close out procedures for the project including as-built drawings, close out, letter of substantial completion, and letter of recommendation.
23. Interacts with Estimating to provide project cost information for the estimating database.
24. Directs organization and preparation of all project documents for storage.
25. Participates in PM training.
26. Interacts with all company departments to ensure company policy and procedures are carried out and corporate objectives achieved.
27. Uses tact to maintain relationships with vendors, owners, architects, community and state officials and the general public.
1. Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field, or the equivalent education and experience.
2. Minimum of four or more years project management experience.
3. A valid driver's license and a good driving record.
4. An in-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes.
5. Understands estimating concepts to the level required to verify bids, understand market rates, and to process change orders, etc.
6. Understands contractual language and concepts and how to protect the company while providing quality service to the client.
7. Has a working knowledge of construction laws and practices.
8. Understands building codes and other design requirements to the extent necessary for the project.
9. Reads and understands plans, blueprints, and specifications.
10. Has high standards of ethical conduct regarding organizational policies.
11. Knows how to use effective interpersonal communication skills such as sensitivity and discernment.
12. Effective working as a team member to achieve organizational and customer goals.
13. Skilled at making verbal presentations. Demonstrates poise and mastery of language.
14. Uses proper grammar and syntax when writing.
15. Knows how to delegate. Uses subordinates effectively.
16. Can discern customer needs. Determines which needs can reasonably be met, then follows through.
17. Knows how to present a professional demeanor in dress and speech. Makes a positive impression on customers.
18. Has strong negotiation skills.
19. Knows how to analyze data and use the analysis to solve problems.
20. Knows how to manage processes to achieve challenging goals. Is a self-starter. Works independently.
21. Knows how to operate office equipment, such as computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
22. Professional affiliation (e.g., AGC member) and professional credentials (e.g., Professional Engineer (PE)) preferred.
Qualifications our client would love to see
1. Ability to speak basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions regarding construction preferred.
2. A love for community service or participation.
3. Getting the job done, and done right Attitude
4. An understanding the Company's name means something and they are willing to stand behind it - through their work habits.
If this position sounds good to you please apply. If you have additional questions, please email us at email@example.com. Once we review your resume we will let you know all about our client and the great company you are applying to. We may also surprise you with additional positions to consider.