At CARDFREE, we ensure Merchant Mobile Apps delight users and keep them engaged. From innovative solutions for Offers and Loyalty to Stored Value and Order Ahead, we are building products that power user engagement and measure key metrics so merchants can sharpen their mobile business. We have won the Best Mobile Startup Award with the MEA, listed as part of the Red Herring Top 100 North America Award, and are also powering the Dunkin’ Donuts mobile application.
The DevOps CI/CD Engineer is responsible for maintaining the build pipeline, building our code into versioned artifacts, and keeping our servers running the current version of the platform.
As a part of the Operations team, this role participates in building scalable solutions that millions of users will be using as their primary mobile interface to pay for their orders. We nurture creativity and encourage individuality to generate a great work environment with personality. In turn, we encourage talent that doesn’t always want to do it the corporate way but strives to create innovative solutions that amaze and have some fun while doing it and building good internal team relationships.
The DevOps CI/CD Engineer has a broad range of experience working on software as a service platform and is continually growing, adding his or her valuable skills to our platform solution. This role takes responsibility and accountability for critical contributions that have a big impact on the quality and stability of our platform and services provided to our clients.
- You like to automate things. If it isn’t automated it isn’t complete
- You are always learning and are willing to dive into unfamiliar areas to solve problems
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where direction changes quickly and process are evolving
- You are happy to work with a geographically distributed team
- You enjoy working directly with engineers to ship quickly while maintaining stability
- Augment our stack for deploying our cloud based infrastructure
- Build tools to increase the velocity of our engineering teams
- Work with engineering teams to increase the operational stability of the platform
- Help drive the organization towards continuous delivery
- Keep systems patched and up to date
- Participate in maintenance events and on-call rotation
- Assist in configuration of integrated tools and user management
- Debug platform failures while working with the business on incident response
- Help ensure that in the event of catastrophic failure we can recover
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2+ years experience building and managing software in a production environment. Ruby or C# preferred
- Familiarity with scaling in a cloud native platform
- Understand how to monitor common types of applications
- Previous experience working with continuous integration servers (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- A working knowledge of Git
- Real world experience using change management tools to manage a fleet of servers like Terraform, Chef, Ansible
- Familiarity with Hashicorp tools suite (Terraform, Consul, Vault, Packer)
- Strong understanding of the continuous integration process and code delivery pipeline
Nice to Have:
- Demonstrated success scaling a cloud native platform
- Experience with PowerShell, IIS, and automating Windows Core servers
- Worked with centralized logging. Eg: Splunk, ELK stack
- Experience with Monitoring Solutions (Prometheus, NewRelic, Grafana)
- Worked in a public cloud platform (AWS/GCE/Azure)
CardFree is a well funded start-up with great benefit options, competitive salaries and equity. We have generous PTO and offer flexible work arrangements.
-no recruiters please
-ability to work in US without sponsorship