At CARDFREE, we ensure Merchant Mobile Apps delight users and keep them engaged. From innovative solutions for Offers and Loyalty to Stored Value and Order Ahead, we are building products that power user engagement and measure key metrics so merchants can sharpen their mobile business. We have won the best Mobile Startup Award with the MEA, listed as part of the Red Herring Top 100 North America Award, and are also powering the Dunkin’ Donuts mobile application.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer is responsible for the integrity and stability of production and non-production systems. This includes installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and design.
As a part of the Operations team, this role participates in building scalable solutions that millions of users are and will be using as their primary mobile interface to submit and pay for their orders. We nurture creativity and encourage individuality to generate a great work environment with personality. In turn, we encourage talent that doesn’t always want to do it the corporate way but strives to create innovative solutions that amaze and have some fun while doing it and building good internal team relationships.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer has a broad range of experience working in online e-commerce environments and is continually making a difference, adding his or her valuable skills to our platform solution. This role takes responsibility and accountability for critical contributions that have a big impact on the quality of our platform and services provided to our clients.
- You like to automate things. If it isn’t automated it isn’t complete
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where direction changes quickly and processes are evolving
- You are a self starter who doesn’t wait for someone to give them a task
- You are able to communicate complicated ideas simply
- You are happy to work with a geographically distributed team
- You enjoy working directly with engineers to ship quickly while maintaining stability
- You approach technical problems pragmatically to solve business needs today
- Augment our stack for deploying our cloud based infrastructure
- Build tools to increase the velocity of our engineering teams
- Work with engineering teams to increase the operational stability of the platform
- Help drive the organization towards continuous delivery
- Increase visibility into the running platform
- Implement a system for autoscaling our platform to handle our increasing load
- Keeping systems patched and up to date
- Participating in maintenance events and on-call rotation
- Debug platform failures while working with the business on incident response
- Help ensure that in the event of catastrophic failure we can recover
- Provide cloud-centric solutions to new and traditional data center applications
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience building and managing software in a production environment. Ruby or C# preferred
- 2+ year(s) experience working in a public cloud (AWS/GCE/Azure)
- Previous experience operating and scaling RDBMS
- Familiarity with scaling in a cloud native environment
- Understand how to monitor common types of applications
- A firm understanding of HTTP and how HTTP APIs work
- Previous experience working with continuous integration servers (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- A working understanding of Git
- Familiarity using a Change Management tools to manage a fleet of server (Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- A working understanding of Hashicorp tools suite (Terraform, Consul, Vault)
- The ability to deliver high quality software. Ruby, Go, or C# preferred
- Training engineering and new ops team members on our standard operating procedures.
Nice to Have:
- Demonstrated success scaling a cloud native platform
- Experience with database management best practices on MySQL
- Experience with PowerShell, IIS, and automating Windows Core servers
- Worked in a PCI compliant organization and involved in PCI certification projects
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Worked with centralized logging. Eg: Splunk, ELK stack
- Experience with Monitoring Solutions (Prometheus, NewRelic, Grafana)
- Experience with Distributed cache (Redis, Memcached, Elasticache)
CardFree is a well funded start-up with great benefit options, competitive salaries and equity. We have generous PTO, and offer flexible work arrangements.
-no recruiters please
-ability to work in US without sponsorship